I picked this up too, same time I got my Savage...

A Rossi combo... two guns in one... break action single shot, with both a .22 and a .410 barrel... PERFECT little starter gun for my son... :wub: ... to take him rabbit and squirrel hunting with me!

It even came in a NICE little padded zippered carry case!

$129.00 not BAD AT ALL!!!

:smoke:

rossi2.jpg

if you want to post multiple pictures, you have to have them on a website first, then you have to click the IMG button above the text input window, pop in the URL to the image, and hit the IMG button again. you do this for each picture.

you can only ATTACH one file per post, but you can reference multiple pictures in a single post.

nice starter guns guys. I started mine on a 12 gauge, but she prefers the single shot 22 for some reason. I have no idea why :)

Holy!!!

That is exactly the same little stainless and poly stock one I HANDLED and ALMOST bought myself!!!

Thats a GREAT little .22, and SUPER LIGHT, and just FEELS right for its size!!

Then i saw the combo... I was hooked, specially for the SAME PRICE!!!

Kids need gun education just like they need street crossing edu. and electricity edu. They can enjoy the finer things in life, only after they are exposed to them in a responsable and healthy way. Would you turn your kid out in the world if they didn't know all the traffic rules, then why would you send them out without Firearms Knowledge?

Agreed. It's really sad the number of kids growing up today that don't get any exposure to firearms other than movies and tv games and learn absolutely nothing about gun safety. I think it's just as important as teaching your kid how to swim. Even if you don't know how you should get them lessons. I know from some of my friends who were not raised around guns or taught how to use them, they don't like guns and are afraid of them.

I've still got my first gun. That is after the ol' Red Rider of course. H&R Topper model 158 20 guage. I was 8 then and she's 31 yrs old and still kickin'. Thank You Dad!!

credit edit! :super:

post-21-1107119745.jpg

Edited by Cobra 76 two

I would give you MY choice.... go with EITHER GUN pictured in the thread here... the combo like I have, or the small .22 bolt action shown... I have been LOOKING and handling these little .22's for about 3 months now, trying to decide WHICH to buy... as I said... I *ALMOST* got the stainless bolt action Gunslinger got for his daughter... its a GREAT lil bolt action... but when I saw the combo... .22 and .410 for the same price as that bolt action, I grabbed that instead...

NOTE... the bolt action is a *VERY* light gun... the Rossi is noteably heavier....

I would say you will *NOT* go wrong with either one....

If i have to make a THIRD choice.... go with a "cricket" .22 with a laminated stock.. the poly ones just *FEEL* cheap... the laminated ones are much nicer... although, thereagain, is a weight issue.....

SHOP around...Price a few out.... HANDLE the guns...let your SON handle the guns... ask HIS opinion, see what he likes, what HE thinks feels good.. and what you think will suit him well. It is going to be "HIS" gun after all...

( But... we all know "daddy" will need to take it out to "practice" with it now and then!! HEHEHEHEHE)

Best way to shop....At least it is for something that will last you, and your children and grandchildren, lifetimes of enjoyment, when handled properly, with the right care.

Edited by IndyArms

This is one that some of the old timers brought there young marksmen up with. Single shot .22 youth model. Made in 1890 by Atlas Gun Co. Ilion N.Y. I think this Co. was later bought out by Remington. Crappy pic but a neat lil'.22. Still Fires!

post-21-1107135484.jpg