impressed with CGW and RAAC customer service.

after doing quite a bit of reading on here on all the 2 port gun FTE problems and fixes i decided that i wanted to send mine in to get it fixed under warranty. i was worried that this would be a huge pain in the ass but it couldn't of been any easier.

last night i emailed RAAC about my issue and received an email back from clyde at about 10:30 pm the same night. at about 10am today vicky from CGW called me (REAL nice lady!) she emailed me a UPS label and i printed it up, taped it to the box and dropped it of at the UPS pick up place.

I haven't dealt with RAAC, but I hear they're really good folks. I CAN speak from experience about how professional CGW is though. Top notch customer service. Vicki is always real polite and Tom goes above and beyond in making sure everything leaving his shop works properly.

I received my "Obama special" from them on the 15th of January and I've been quite impressed with the reliability. I noticed it had the 4 gas ports, though the front of the gas block's hole looked to be elongated. I suspect this gun had the front port blocked and CGW uncovered it. It cycles cheap Wally World bulk ammo on setting 1, if shouldered. Trying to bumpfire cheap ammo on setting 1 doesn't work though, which is fine. I don't bumpfire much anyway. Setting 2 runs anything without fail.

Corbin

• 2 weeks later...
after doing quite a bit of reading on here on all the 2 port gun FTE problems and fixes i decided that i wanted to send mine in to get it fixed under warranty. i was worried that this would be a huge pain in the ass but it couldn't of been any easier.

last night i emailed RAAC about my issue and received an email back from clyde at about 10:30 pm the same night. at about 10am today vicky from CGW called me (REAL nice lady!) she emailed me a UPS label and i printed it up, taped it to the box and dropped it of at the UPS pick up place.

i got an email today that my 12 is on it's way home from CGW, woo hoo!

i've been tracking it on the UPS site, lol. it's in ohio.

Location Date Local Time Description

COLUMBUS,

OH, US 02/10/2009 11:39 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

So did you guys have problems with the guns, or did you just see that you were missing some ports and sent your gun in for repair?

I've got a 3-hole S12, but I want to test it out first, before contacting RAAC and CGW.

Quick question for Tom/Ben/anyone reading............can you give me some specific ammo types/brands to try, to make sure my gun will cycle properly?

<-------knows nothing about shotgun ammo :ded:

So did you guys have problems with the guns, or did you just see that you were missing some ports and sent your gun in for repair?

i had a gun with 2 ports that had FTE problems.

i found 6 shot federal (4.96 a box) to be a good lower priced shell.

Edited by Snoofer

i got my 12 back from CGW and went shooting today. i tried the 5 rd 1st with walmart winchester el cheapo, bang bang bang bang bang, functioned flawless. same with the surefire 13 rd mag. 3 boxes no FTE's. i couldn't be happier with CGW. nice people and great work :) thanks tom and vicky.

i got my 12 back from CGW and went shooting today. i tried the 5 rd 1st with walmart winchester el cheapo, bang bang bang bang bang, functioned flawless. same with the surefire 13 rd mag. 3 boxes no FTE's. i couldn't be happier with CGW. nice people and great work :) thanks tom and vicky.

What do your gas ports look like now or what kind of modificatins where made?

Quick question for Tom/Ben/anyone reading............can you give me some specific ammo types/brands to try, to make sure my gun will cycle properly?

Go to the Tromix site (link in my sigline), click on Saiga Service Tips. Lots of good stuff including ammo recommendations.

What do your gas ports look like now or what kind of modificatins where made?

he added a port, and it looks like he might of done a little polishing on the bolt.

this pic is from the pinned fix thread, but this is what my hole pattern looks like now.

saiga_gas_port_after_mod.jpg

Edited by Snoofer