New Ivan the Punisher pics

I am not happy with the lighting, so I am not putting these in the 'picture' thread, but I wanted to show Ivan and his new home off a little bit. He's all converted now, only missing a couple of the things that I want to add such as a tac light and possibly a laser for long range slugging, but other than that, he's ready to report for duty.

DSC03439.jpg

DSC03445.jpg

DSC03446.jpg

Cobra's heat guard looks great on the tri-rail fore end!

DSC03450.jpg

Sitting next to his new MOLLE case

DSC03468.jpg

Snugged in tight for safe keeping

DSC03469.jpg

FOUR (12) round mags fit great in the smaller compartment, nestled in 2 separate pouches

DSC03470.jpg

And everything zippered and velcroed up nice and compact and ready to head to the range. The 3 outside MOLLE pouches are great for extra ammo, tool kits, etc...

DSC03471.jpg

And here are two-thirds of the home protection plan.... (Jimmy ran off just as I was taking the picture! :lolol: )

DSC03462.jpg

I'm using the same bag for mine. The bag is black even though it looks blue in the pic.

The large center pocket on the outside was made to fit one thing perfectly... A MD20 drum!

post-14713-1233121563.jpg

Where did you guys get the bags and how much?

Also you should make some Saiga 12 decals that would be pretty cool.

Edited by Joeddox
And here are two-thirds of the home protection plan.... (Jimmy ran off just as I was taking the picture! :lolol: )

DSC03462.jpg

looks awesome! that dog is badass too :)

Yeah. I hope that picture is your desktop wallpaper, TR. That's a great pic. Awesome conversion too, BTW.

I'm using the same bag for mine. The bag is black even though it looks blue in the pic.

The large center pocket on the outside was made to fit one thing perfectly... A MD20 drum!

post-14713-1233121563.jpg

Where did you guys get the bags and how much?

Also you should make some Saiga 12 decals that would be pretty cool.

He does. Look in his signature for a link to his page. Great guy to deal with, and great decals. :up:

Also, I think that bag is this one: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MOLLE201-7.html . It's available in different colors too. I'm no longer a fan of CheaperThanDirt, but that's the best price I've seen on that case.

Edited by 22_Shooter
He does. Look in his signature for a link to his page. Great guy to deal with, and great decals. :up:

Also, I think that bag is this one: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MOLLE201-7.html . It's available in different colors too. I'm no longer a fan of CheaperThanDirt, but that's the best price I've seen on that case.

Yup, that's the MOLLE bag I bought. I really like it; it holds everything I would need to take to the range and then some. CTD has some ok deals on some of their stuff, but I have to say that these bags are a fantastic buy. $49.95 for these at CTD, and nearly $100 other places for the same, exact bag. It's a no-brainer if you ask me.

Yup, that's the MOLLE bag I bought. I really like it; it holds everything I would need to take to the range and then some. CTD has some ok deals on some of their stuff, but I have to say that these bags are a fantastic buy. $49.95 for these at CTD, and nearly $100 other places for the same, exact bag. It's a no-brainer if you ask me.

No, I agree, that's a great price, and the best I've seen anywhere on that bag.

CTD left a bad taste in my mouth right after the election though. They jacked up the price of PMags (not that I can have them in NY anyway :ded: ) to about $50+. Which would be fine. Ya know free country, capitalism and all that. But they put a note on the page, saying that Magpul had increased the price, which is why they had to. Magpul came right out and squashed that bullshit. They didn't mark up their prices at all to their distributors, and were still offering them at $14+ on their website. So CTD outright lied, to make more money. That's shitty business in my book, and my personal opinion.

Anyway, not to steer the track off topic.................

About that bag....have you tried fitting 2 carbine length setups in there? I've always wondered if you could lay 2 rifles opposite ways, and have them fit (with something between them to stop from scraping).

CTD left a bad taste in my mouth right after the election though. They jacked up the price of PMags (not that I can have them in NY anyway :ded: ) to about $50+. Which would be fine. Ya know free country, capitalism and all that. But they put a note on the page, saying that Magpul had increased the price, which is why they had to. Magpul came right out and squashed that bullshit. They didn't mark up their prices at all to their distributors, and were still offering them at $14+ on their website. So CTD outright lied, to make more money. That's shitty business in my book, and my personal opinion.

That is pretty messed up business. I didn't know that they did that.

About that bag....have you tried fitting 2 carbine length setups in there? I've always wondered if you could lay 2 rifles opposite ways, and have them fit (with something between them to stop from scraping).

:cryss: I don't HAVE 2 carbine length setups!! :cryss: The only evil black gun in my possession is my '109. :cryss::rolleyes:

I do believe, though, that 2 carbines could fit in there quite comfortably; it is a VERY roomy bag. I have a friend who has enough firepower to arm a small, third-world country, so I'll take it to his house and see what all will fit and I will give you a heads-up. :smoke:

:cryss: I don't HAVE 2 carbine length setups!! :cryss: The only evil black gun in my possession is my '109. :cryss::rolleyes:

I do believe, though, that 2 carbines could fit in there quite comfortably; it is a VERY roomy bag. I have a friend who has enough firepower to arm a small, third-world country, so I'll take it to his house and see what all will fit and I will give you a heads-up. :smoke:

Saaaaaaaaay whaaaaaaaaaaat? :eek:

:D

Yeah, I only had a lowly, un-evil .22 when I joined here. Since then, I've been gathering a nice little stash.

So yeah, I'd be really interested to hear the results if you bring that bag by your buddy's place. Fitting 2 rifles in there was the whole reason I was interested in that case awhile back. But I ended up getting a cheap soft case for $15 at Midway. I can fit a carbine length AR and AK in there at the same time, but it's kinda cramped, and the carrying straps feel pretty stressed with the weight.

Yeah, I only had a lowly, un-evil .22 when I joined here. Since then, I've been gathering a nice little stash....

I know.... pretty sad and pathetic, huh??? :rolleyes: I waited way too long to start building up my firepower. However, armed with the knowledge of how to convert a Saiga platform, I can save a ton by purchasing all Saigas and converting them instead of throwing my money away on AR platforms. :smoke:

Nice Job!! I'm about to convert my saiga12 in a few weeks as I'm in the process of a move to cleveland, seeing your's all finished makes me jellious. Your rot and saiga12 has got all your bases covered as far as home defense is concerned.

What type of optic are you using? I'm looking for something similar, I've never shot skeet with a optic and was wondering if you have any experience using your optic to engage skeet, ducks or similar airborne targets. I think that with a polychoke and reflex optic it would make a really good hunting gun as well as defense arm.

Nice Job!! I'm about to convert my saiga12 in a few weeks as I'm in the process of a move to cleveland, seeing your's all finished makes me jellious. Your rot and saiga12 has got all your bases covered as far as home defense is concerned.

What type of optic are you using? I'm looking for something similar, I've never shot skeet with a optic and was wondering if you have any experience using your optic to engage skeet, ducks or similar airborne targets. I think that with a polychoke and reflex optic it would make a really good hunting gun as well as defense arm.

If you're moving to Cleveland, Ohio, we'll have to get together and shoot sometime! I live about an hour and a half South of Cleveland.

The optic that I have is a Barska illuminated red dot. It has a choice of 4 different reticles; a 3 MOA dot, a 5 MOA dot, a cross, and a circle with a dot in the middle. Unfortunately, I have not yet taken Ivan out for any sort of clay shooting. Just picked him up right before Christmas and haven't had the time or the weather to do so. I am wanting to get out and do some clay busting when the weather breaks, though. If you are here soon, we could see if we could find somewhere half way between that has clay shoots!

Just between you and me (and everyone else reading this post) my female, Tara, who is in that picture would invite you in and show you around the joint... LOL!! It's my male, Jimmy, who just might take a leg off and have it for dinner. :smoke:

What brand pistol grip are you using?

Corbin

I'm quite certain that it's a CAA UPG47. This grip has interchangeable front and rear sections for customization.

Look here: http://www.commandarms.com/product.asp?pID=153&cID=11

That's the one. I bought mine from Carolina Shooter's Supply, who is a business member here. Greg will fix you up if you want one!

Yeah, I only had a lowly, un-evil .22 when I joined here. Since then, I've been gathering a nice little stash....

However, armed with the knowledge of how to convert a Saiga platform, I can save a ton by purchasing all Saigas and converting them instead of throwing my money away on AR platforms. :smoke:

Throwing away $ on an AR? Oh come on now......seriously.