Another Feeding Problem

I haven't found where this has been talked about before so my saiga 12 is gouging into the side of the shotgun shell. It catches on the longer (I call guide rail) rail that protrudes out from the barrel to help guide the shell into the barrel. It does not catch on the front where the crimp is but down the side about a 1/4" down from the front. Ive tried different brands of shells with all of them catching from time to time. What could be wrong? I didn't want to start filing, grinding before I knew what to do. It does it with a factory mag as well as a drum. I was thinking I may need to put more of an aangle and polish the end of the rail? I'm not sure, anyone had this problem before?

Thanks

I haven't found where this has been talked about before so my saiga 12 is gouging into the side of the shotgun shell. It catches on the longer (I call guide rail) rail that protrudes out from the barrel to help guide the shell into the barrel. It does not catch on the front where the crimp is but down the side about a 1/4" down from the front. Ive tried different brands of shells with all of them catching from time to time. What could be wrong? I didn't want to start filing, grinding before I knew what to do. It does it with a factory mag as well as a drum. I was thinking I may need to put more of an aangle and polish the end of the rail? I'm not sure, anyone had this problem before?

Thanks

What mag are you using?

Have you tried other mags?

Is the shell getting hung with the nose still pointing up?

I know exactly what you are talking about.

It appears to be the lug guides, but that is not it.

The problem is the foot on the bolt, opposite the extractor is not correct, and will not allow the shell's base to slide up across it's face and chamber. You need to polish the face of the feed foot and either square it up flat, or angle it inward toward the center of the bolt very slightly . That will fix your problem.

Tony

Folks like Tony are why I love this forum so much. People with much more knowledge than me willing to share info with others to help solve problems. The vast wealth of information in this forum is astounding.

Thanks Tony!

Corbin

I know exactly what you are talking about.

It appears to be the lug guides, but that is not it.

The problem is the foot on the bolt, opposite the extractor is not correct, and will not allow the shell's base to slide up across it's face and chamber. You need to polish the face of the feed foot and either square it up flat, or angle it inward toward the center of the bolt very slightly . That will fix your problem.

Tony

Thanks I'll look at it and polish it up and make the adjustments as needed. Anyone by chance have a pic I follow what he saying but would love to see a pic for reference.

Thanks again