Gilbert's has all 3 Saiga calibers in stock

Have prices of saigas gone up? i Paid $330 for mine about 6 months ago, local, new. (x39)

Prices on everything has gone up. Sucks but if I don't see one at a local gun show coming up I may be picking one up from gilberts

Gilbert's prices are as cheap as you'll find right now (I know I've searched everywhere). According the distributor I bought mine from, the Russians figured out that they were selling these too cheap and have raised their prices considerably.

Gilbert's prices are as cheap as you'll find right now (I know I've searched everywhere). According the distributor I bought mine from, the Russians figured out that they were selling these too cheap and have raised their prices considerably.

Yup, not too worried about the price, just would rather throw a local shop some business. Did you get yours in CO?

The Russians have apparently raised their prices.

The Saiga originally came in as a 10rd only model that used proprietary mags so the price was what the market would sustain for such a rifle. People now have figured out how to convert them and conversion parts have gotten cheaper so the Saigas started selling a lot better once word got around about that it was the best deal out there with a little work.

It was only a matter of time 'till the Russians caught on.

Yup, not too worried about the price, just would rather throw a local shop some business. Did you get yours in CO?

I bought mine from Paul's Guns (someone here posted a link) and paid $450 (plus another $50 in shipping and transfer fees) for it, not knowing if or when any of the other distributors would get any, especially with Obama saying on his new White House website that he definitely wants to make the Clinton ban permanent.

I have to be honest and say that at prices they are going for now they are no longer a bargain. Since I can't order one through any of my local stores I had to pay shipping and transfer fees, in other words $500 bucks, which is close to what you'll pay at Gilberts after all is said and done. Yes, the rifle is a true Russian made weapon, but anyone looking to use a 15+ capacity magazine is looking at least another $100 to $150 added to the gun, and that's keeping the original stock. It's just too expensive as far as I'm concerned. These were great when they were under $330, but now I think it's getting out of hand, and sadly I jumped into one without knowing just how expensive it would be just to use a 30rd magazine (Surefire mags are $40 a piece for these!!!!).

I still may end up selling mine and keeping my Kel Tec SU-16C and Sub-2000 9mm Glock 17 (both have been reliable and both are already "converted" and use cheap yet reliable high-cap mags). The full conversion costs on a Saiga that costs $500 unconverted will run close to a grand, and one might as well just buy a nice AK-47 for that. Just my 2 cents..........

Edited by coloradowildman
I bought mine from Paul's Guns (someone here posted a link) and paid $450 (plus another $50 in shipping and transfer fees) for it, not knowing if or when any of the other distributors would get any, especially with Obama saying on his new White House website that he definitely wants to make the Clinton ban permanent.

I have to be honest and say that at prices they are going for now they are no longer a bargain. Since I can't order one through any of my local stores I had to pay shipping and transfer fees, in other words $500 bucks, which is close to what you'll pay at Gilberts after all is said and done. Yes, the rifle is a true Russian made weapon, but anyone looking to use a 15+ capacity magazine is looking at least another $100 to $150 added to the gun, and that's keeping the original stock. It's just too expensive as far as I'm concerned. These were great when they were under $330, but now I think it's getting out of hand, and sadly I jumped into one without knowing just how expensive it would be just to use a 30rd magazine (Surefire mags are $40 a piece for these!!!!).

I still may end up selling mine and keeping my Kel Tec SU-16C and Sub-2000 9mm Glock 17 (both have been reliable and both are already "converted" and use cheap yet reliable high-cap mags). The full conversion costs on a Saiga that costs $500 unconverted will run close to a grand, and one might as well just buy a nice AK-47 for that. Just my 2 cents..........

My "wanted" post on ARF.com spawned a couple of NIB, 7.62 Saiga's for $400 @ + $20 shipping from a dealer in NJ. After FFL transfer fees, each gun will have cost me $425. That's for a NIB Saiga. That's below what I have found them for elsewhere...-especially- if you are looking for one in-stock. ;)

It's my understanding that Saiga + $100 will get you a PG conversion. It's my understanding that Saiga + $250 will get you a full conversion, including front end work. If so, that's a brand new, high quality, Russian built AK for $675. Given the current market, I think that's acceptable. I had considered just buying a ready-to-go Lancaster AK for $799. However, if I can have one built of new parts (no used / imported kit stuff) and have the "cool-to-me" factor of Izhmash, then it's worth it. Especially if I can do that and save $200 or so ($799 + shipping, FFL, etc). And that's for a full-conversion gun. If I only want a pistol grip "basic" conversion, I'm looking at $525-ish. Hard to beat that for what I consider to be a high-quality AK.

FWIW, the dealer that sold me the Saiga's stated that HIS cost on WASR 10's was now $600. So he didn't plan on stocking them.

Edited by motoguy

I picked up my Saiga 7.62 at my old neighborhood gun shop, 1/19/09 for $395.00 plus tax. I was looking to replace the grips on my S&W59. I had been thinking about what kind of "Go To" rifle I wanted to purchase. I had pretty much come down to the AK in 7.62. Saiga happen to be the one I was thinking about. The shop had and still does have Saigas in .223, 7.62, and .308 .

I almost got the .308. it was $200 more. Some far, I have replaced the stock with the Saiga Tromix Folding Stock with Pistol Grip Assembly, two Surefire 30Rd. mags., Leapers 5th Generation Quick Detachable Picatinny-Style Double Rail Mount AK-47 Matte and last but not least Simmons 4x32 mm ProHunter Truplex Reticle Handgun Scope, Black Matte Finish. I choose the scope for its eye relief distance after shooting with one on a friends rifle. It can work out to about 200yds. Also, I came across some Pro mag SAI-A2 for $16 a piece. These are suppose to work with the Saiga 7.62 rifle. I got 3. Total cost so far $924.12 . I got what I wanted. I am happy. More bullets please :ph34r: .