How Much did you pay for your Saiga .308 $710??

Okay about to pull the trigger on a Saiga .308 in California stock. The Dealer wants $710 for one. I can't seem to find one anywhere else in kali. With the current political state and demand and supply issues, should I get it? I'm dying to get a Saiga to work on and mod. Thanks.

I paid $300 for mine but if I wanted one right now I would not bat an eyelash at paying $710 for one after owning one for a few years.

They are great rifles and all of the other 308 AK variants will cost you a hell of a lot more than $700!

Unfortunely, that isn't out of line on the pricing I have seen. The wholesale price on Siaga 308 seems to be in the high $500 to low $600 range. I am glad I bought mine a few years ago when they were about half that. But don't feel bad, I have paid the current pricing on a Saiga-12 I bought about 4 months ago.

Since you can't convert it to a pistol grip set up in California, I would personally consider a M1 Garand or saving up a little more for a M1A. Since you are limited to 10rd anyway, the 8rd enblocs aren't to much of a disadvantage. Not to mention, .30-06 ammo is cheaper than .308 from the CMP. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the Saiga series of rifles and shotguns. The extreme value they used to have, at $350, isn't there anymore. I got mine cheap and have sunk another $1500 in upgrades to it. And I haven't even done the pistol grip conversion yet. I do have a Krebs scope mount, Samson K-rail, Surefire mags, Red Star FCG and YHM Phantom .308 suppressor lined up for it. As soon as my suppressor gets approved, I promise I will put it into high gear and get it done.

If you can wait, I would hold off any semi-auto purchase right now. The prices are insane, they are more than they were under the 1994 AWB. Hell during the ban USGI NIW mags went for $20-25. That is being asked on current production mags. Once production and back orders get into the system, prices will come down. All those who rushed out and got something, won't be in such a rush anymore.

Edited by yellowcarbon

Well, I posted this question back in July 10th of 2008:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=27720&hl=

Was seriously considering getting a .308, but hesitated to pull the trigger on one at THAT time....

THEN.....

I posted this on Nov. 4th of 2008 (4 months later):

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=31229&hl=

So, in 4 months, it was a $125 difference. Apples to apples comparison.

Now, it has been almost two months since I actually bought the S308 w/ skeletal stock and 16" barrel and prices are prolly up another hundred or so, but in 2 months not 4. That is if you can find one to begin with.

Mine is still unfired in the box and BRAND NEW. I'm leaving it untouched due to all this. YMMV...

Just somthin to think about.

Good post quikz! I also agree with SOPMOD! I paid approxiately $550.00 apiece for both my Saiga 308-1s. I would have like to have paid less but I am still very happy I purchased them. If you want something and can afford it then buy it. I have several friends who always talk about buying a firearm and then kick themselves when the prices climb. The Saiga-12 is one that I myself screwed up on and didn't get one when the getting was good. My local FFL cannot even get one from his distributors now. My local FFL just got back from the shot show in Florida. He said the gun industry was considering Obama man of the year because of the amazing profits the gun industry has made the last few months. Dark humor indeed! :eek:

Okay about to pull the trigger on a Saiga .308 in California stock. The Dealer wants $710 for one. I can't seem to find one anywhere else in kali. With the current political state and demand and supply issues, should I get it? I'm dying to get a Saiga to work on and mod. Thanks.

i saw one today in small shop i stopped in just to check out for 850.

I got lucky and spotted em at the Va Bch gun show during my Xmas V-K. Dark Sun out of Richmond, VA (DS always has the best prices on everything at that moment in time) had the 16" Black 308's for $499 and the 22" Wood 308's for $569. I grabbed the 16 for conversion reasons but I really wanted the Woody too. Dark Sun had about (5) 16's and (2) 22's at the time. I should have also grabbed the Arsenal slr107r for $869 from another dealer at that show. Oh well, I still walked out with another Saiga for the collection. I had not seen a Saiga 308 at any PA gun shows for a long time.

You PMed me the other day, but i was not able to answer until now...

Anyways, I got mine shipped to me from Alaska to a dealer in fremont. The place to get Saigas is www.gunbroker.com. Just contact the member, ask them, if you can do buy it now and give them the FFL to send to.

Also, my friend picked up his .308 a couple of weeks ago at Cow Palace gun show here in San Francisco for $640 (including tax and background check). I just called him to find out the name of the Dealer, so as soon as he responds, I will let you know. If it helps anyhow the place is in San Rafael, but that it as much as i know. As soon as I get the name, I will update you.

Later.

http://www.bullseyerange.com/

^ are the people to contact. They are in San Rafael. Come there with cash and you can bargain with them...

Payed $280 shipped for my S12 in '02.

That the '01 model you made be pay $300 for? F'n scabber. :cryss:

Actually they don't make 'em like that anymore.

That is the most reliable Siaga shotty I own and still my #1 go-to gun...

Paid $585 a week ago at my local gun dealer...the last one in the county, not only 308 but Saiga's period!! My wife bought me the 223 on Nov. 19th for $349...three weeks later they were going for a C-note higher!

After I had the 223 for a little while, I had to have the 308... just fell in love with the Saigas period!!!!

Sorry to burst your bubble Brian, that was for my 19 incher with rail sight. I paid less for the one you got :haha: .

Payed $280 shipped for my S12 in '02.

That the '01 model you made be pay $300 for? F'n scabber. :cryss:

Actually they don't make 'em like that anymore.

That is the most reliable Siaga shotty I own and still my #1 go-to gun...