@#$!X Threading Tool!

Ok..I give up!..I got four threads on my barrel with Dinzags threading tool..The instructions say " after four to six threads, loosen the tightening screws and tighten the "spreading" screw and take the TAT out of the die"....So after getting started and that first four going smoothly I am at a complete standstill..I have tried everything I can think of and the TAT wont budge. Has anyone else had this problem?..Any suggestions? If I clamp the shaft of the TAT in a vise it may be damaged so I am avoiding that...so far.

Dinzag is the one you should probly be talking to, with it being his equipement... After loosening the tightening screws, and tightening the spreader screw, you should be able to unscrew the TAT from the die.

Is the spreader screw going into the opening were the two halves meet to force the die to open up a little?

Thanks for the help guys..I emailed Dinzag last night at the same time I posted this message...As busy as he is right now I had no idea when he might get a chance to check his email..I had already tried removing the die from the frame and tightening the spreader..no go..thing wouldnt budge....Got an email late last night from Dinzag and his solution took about 20 seconds..there is a small 'set screw" in the side of the die itself..I ran that in and the TAT turned easily...Finished threading, and the brake is installed!

Glad you got it. I think I'll have a local shop do my threading, though. There's a professional AK shop, and they only want $75 to remove the shroud and thread my barrel. Given tool rental costs and the problem of reattaching my FSB, I think I'll go the professional route.

• 2 weeks later...