Conversion-ers in Denver

I'm up north in Greeley and will be doing mine myself. No experience with it whatsoever. Looks pretty hard to screw up. I wish I could find a good tig welder to weld a backplate on the back of my receiver though.

I'm going to the tanner gun show in Denver this weekend to hopefully find a decent shop that isn't horribly backed up, I'm sure that show should be a zoo

Edited by duece212
Bump, anyone?

(if self bumping is prohibited, please let me know)

I'm about 2 hours from Denver (Penrose)- and have to order my parts still... but let me know if you don't find anyone closer..

the advantage to where I'm at is testing right after finishing the work, since I'm out in the country :super:

Bump, anyone?

I'm about 2 hours from Denver (Penrose)- and have to order my parts still... but let me know if you don't find anyone closer..

the advantage to where I'm at is testing right after finishing the work, since I'm out in the country :super:

Have you converted one before?

Bump, anyone?

Have you converted one before?

no, I'm in the same category as yourself- except I have my unconverted Saiga-12 in hand...

Big Jim, doesn't Colorado have a state preemption law prohibiting municipalities from passing gun ordinances stricter than the state standard?

Edit: found this website Colorado Confidential, among others, that indicates the state legislature passed preemption in 2003 and has voided local ordinances in several communities. Of course, the state ban on local laws is under appeal by the municipalities.

Edited by Geezer59
Big Jim, doesn't Colorado have a state preemption law prohibiting municipalities from passing gun ordinances stricter than the state standard?

Edit: found this website Colorado Confidential, among others, that indicates the state legislature passed preemption in 2003 and has voided local ordinances in several communities. Of course, the state ban on local laws is under appeal by the municipalities.

I am pretty sure that the the Denver ban is legal because Sportsman's Warehouse won't sell you an AR if you live in "Denver" and the RMGO site is pretty accurate when dealing with the local laws.

I know the there is a state pre-emption for conceal carry, meaning you can carry concealled regardless of local prohibitions

Edited by bigjimcalhoun