What would be your must haves!!

I have my conversion on order and would like to know what would be your must haves!! Things that you have learned or whish you had done to your own S12... Things you could not live with out??? Reasons for these changes ect..

Thanks,

Cos

Let the Flamming begin!!

I don't know what would be a must have, but when my gun went to Tony I decided to get all the things that I wondered about before because I knew I would regret it if I didn't. I went with the folding tromix stock, HK sights and SRT trigger set up. It will probably still be a while before I get it, but I know I wont regret anything on it!

Edited by captshiess

Bought gun in 2007 for $525, put $160 in parts in to convert it and very happy.

Only thing I need now is a custom trigger guard (that I will have to make my self), US made forearm, US buttstock and maybe a few mags.

I was lucky enough to get my saiga back when they were less than $400 - and then got it to Tony when his turn around was less than 8 weeks IIRC.

I had him do a pistol grip/folding stock conversion and permanently add a shark brake with the overall length to the end of the brake at 18.25".

The one thing I wish I had added would be the Galil style bolt handle.

Adjustable gas plug

Use only the gas needed to reliably function the gun.

I had a full size converted I did myself and I have an S17 from Tromix.

Tony has it down to pretty much everything you need or would want comes with it.

Still looking at different red dot set ups......................

Saigas are kinda like Harleys.... though they may start out the same from the factory, each owner generally applies their own touch to make it a reflection of themselves. While I may love a particular type of stock, you might think it's ugly and uncomfortable. You might want to have a ton of rails and lights, lasers, grips and various do-dads on yours but the next guy might just want a sleek setup without anything you might consider cool.

It's really a personal thing.

To answer your question about overall length.... Assuming you're in the U.S.A..... Federal law says it has to be at least 26" overall with an 18" barrel. If either of these are less than that, it's illegal without having proper paperwork and paying for a tax stamp.

Your state might have additional laws regarding OAL too. I know here in MI, if a long gun is under 30" OAL, you have to register it as a handgun. It would still need to be over 18" on the barrel (16" for rifle) and 26 OAL. Somewhere I read that MI requires shottys to be at least 28" OAL, but I can't find that anywhere, so I'm not sure.

Hope this helped.

Corbin

I just did a TROMIX style folder conversion to my first SAIGA-12 and am very happy with it....if i had unlimited $$ i would want to buy another SAIGA 12 and build a very detailed VEPR-12 clone........but even having the money probably would not help in actually FINDING the parts nessasary for this conversion for sale anywhere.