10 round pro mag magazines

I find reading about these magazine problems most interesting. Picked up my S12 a few days ago, but have yet to test it out. Figure using double ought and some slugs to break it in with the stock mag. Then I'll determine which mag to purchase. I must say that I like the price of the pro mag from AJAX even if a bit of fitting has to be done.

its more than "a bit", if your going to try it out, buy one at first.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is the best looking and strongest mag available for the saiga12..Nevermind the the little filing you have to do for it to fit properly..Deffinately the top pick of my choice in mags for the saiga12

A file was perfect for geting them to click into the weapon, no problem there.

the mag itself has a smaller inside diamiter than the outside diamiter of your standard remington high brass shells. Especialy at the top. I got sick of the file becaws it was taking way too long and hogged it out with a dremel tool. thats not a little filing...

Gotta love the lifetime warranty on the Promag. I still think for the price you can't go wrong...:)

I went to the range today. Range report to follow. I am considering selling or trading my promags so that I can get something that works like a 8rd Surefire. The shells kept getting stuck at the top and some would feed to low causing the shell to ram the front of the mag instead of going into the chamber. I eventually gave up on trying to make them work and just used my 8rd surefire mags. I had no issues. I fired a total of 146 shots including 2 3/4in feather weight and 3in mag slug and OOO buck. I can not speak for AGP mags, I don't own any, but I would trust my live to a 8rd surefire instead of a promag any day. I hope that they are able to fix some of these issues with the second generation mags. Note; my promags are all 1st Gen. I actually bought 10x of them.

Edited by Patriot12
Gen 2 are the ones I believe I have. Why don't you return your problems mags and try the Gen 2 out?

The lifetime warrenty is at their disgression, but if they will exchange them for gen 2, I will. If they give me a refund, I will buy 8rd surefire mags because I know for a fact that they will cycle anything.