Wheres the Mags ?

Hi all,

Thought it would be good idea to purchase a model 100 308 with the slant reciever. To my dismay the only mag that comes with it is a 4 rounder. None of my other .308 mags fit this rifle since the mag loads opposite of the rest of the Saiga line. What up with this? Can't find mags anywhere. I email RAA and they said that because it is a newer style and there is not alot in the U.S, nobody has been making replacements and theres nothing coming over from Izhmash. Any ideas here. Is there any way to modify or find other AK mags that might be close. I might as well have a single bolt action. I have attached a photo of the Model 100.

post-15697-1233444210_thumb.jpg

Edited by operator
You might try getting mags from RusMil here although it won't be cheap if they can help:

http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/c-deact_magazines.htm

Good luck.

Thanks Wolverine,

They dont have in stock so I sent an email. Theres has got to be someone in the US that has got these mags.

Check www.saigastock.com

Probably your best bet for those. Even if they do not have them on their site, give them a call and they may have some.

Greg

You might try getting mags from RusMil here although it won't be cheap if they can help:

http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/c-deact_magazines.htm

Good luck.

Thanks Wolverine,

They dont have in stock so I sent an email. Theres has got to be someone in the US that has got these mags.

Check www.saigastock.com

Probably your best bet for those. Even if they do not have them on their site, give them a call and they may have some.

Greg

Thanks Greg, I called them today, they dont have them and they dont know when they will have them. thanks to our new president everything is in short supply.

Has anyone tried joining the factory feed lip and catch area to a surefire?

I thougt of trying that on mine but I am afraid to spend the $ to get a surefire then mess it up and be out of the cash. I also thought of using a factory 8rd mag from the older style Saiga so I dont have to wory about 922 laws just been to scared to cough up the $ then take a dremell tool to it. :rolleyes: