Question/Suggestions

I have several AKs and a little 7.62x39 laying around; love them. I want to pick up a .223 just to have one. Dont want to spend the money on the AR so I started looking at the Saiga. I figured it has the same basic operating principals as the AK which makes it pretty reliable. Just looking for some comments on the platform. Are any of the parts interchangeable with the AK? Pro's / Cons on the conversion or the tapco pistol grip without going through the conversion. I was actually just wanting to put a harris bipod on it with a scope. I noticed that the mags are pretty expensive but heard there are adapters for the AR mags; though I have not found them anywhere. Also ammo which the gun may like or dislike. Trigger ecttttttt

Thanks for any comments and or help

Welcome to the forum

Saiga 223 a great choice. My AR retro and Underwood GI carbine are safe in my gun safe. The Saiga is loaded witha a 30 round SUrefire, good Golden Bear 62 HPBTs, and is in the closet for any emergency, which I am sure it will settle nicely!