I took these pictures a while ago with a camera that belonged to a girl I was dating. We broke up and I hadn't seen the pics for a while, but now we've been seeing each other again, so I'm using her computer and I can post the pics. They show my Saiga 12C with some of the modifications I have done. I added a Falcon Industries pistol grip, I cut the safety lever to hold the bolt open, and I cut the forearm and installed a TACM III flashlight with pressure pad. Enjoy.

post-2-1068240999.jpg

Edited by SaltPeter

OK. You have to be law enforcement then by deduction. I gotta consider changing professions myself if I can score cool guns like these in the process. Any demand for new candidates in the 50 age range?

Just joking, but thanks for sharing just the same.

Billyjobob

Billyjobob, buddy! Look at the SaltPeter's avatar! :lolol: Do you think he's law enforcement? :eek:

He is one of the police officers that are members of this board!

His gun is not a conversion - it is an original Saiga-12C with cool mods on it! :super:

Shooter1,

I am not sure I understand your question. Feedback to watch for?

hartzpad,

My gun is a Saiga 12C. I don't think they make those with 22" barrels. If you look closely at the pic of the muzzle, you can see that it has a choke tube installed. My gun barrel was threaded internally to accept Colonial Choke tubes.

Saltpeter, I have followed the forum for a while, but only recently registered. Sometimes I get lingering questions. Many answers I have found in previous threads.

It would appear you are carrying your 12 on duty. You have been shooting it much longer than I, and before I deploy for duty I need the "trust" factor of this firearm. As with any weapon I carry, I have "shot the crap out of it", and feel fairly comfortable with it. However, in the spirit of honoring Murphy's Law I look for issues and expect them rather than be blindsided. How long have you utilized this weapon for work?

Let's see... I believe I started carrying it in May (I bought it in late March). By the time I had started carrying it, I had shot hundreds of rounds through it with no malfunctions. Then, all of the sudden, it started having feed problems at the range. I made a few adjustments, as posted in my "Jams!" thread. Now it seems to be working better. I am pretty good at transitioning from a long gun to a handgun, however, so if it ever jams in the field I'll just draw my gun and reevaluate.

I have only deployed this shotgun a few times since I started carrying it. And of those times (mainly business panic alarms and man-with-gun calls) it has always turned out to be nothing, so no suspects have had the pleasure of looking down the barrel yet. Believe me, though, this gun does get a reaction from the general public when they see it!