Is the Saiga 100 in 30-06 ever going to show up?

There is one on the shelf at Arms Mart Inc in Independence, Missouri.
Arms Mart Inc
ARMS MART INC

21200 East Truman Road

Independence, Missouri

816-796-5800

We're here to serve you from 10am to 8pm Tuesday through Friday, and Monday and Saturdays from 10am to 5pm.

To get to Arms Mart from Highway 291, head east on Truman Road 2 1/2 miles and you'll see us on the north side of the road. From 23rd Street, turn west at the stop sign at Truman Road and we're the fourth building on the north side. From Highway 7, head west on Truman Road past 23rd Street to the fourth building on the north side of the road.

Pardon our dust, our Website is under construction.

I'm glad to hear some people have these. I haven't even seen one on an online store yet. What are they selling for? I'd love to read an online review if anyone knows of one.

BattleRifleG3,

I'd love to hear how yours shoots. What kind of ammo does yours prefer? Have you had any reliability/feeding issues with the mags? What kind of accuracy have you gotten out of yours? Have you found the sights to be ok, or did you upgrade? How is the recoil? Have you been able to find extra mags fairly easily?

What does the "PSL / SVD" stand for? Sorry, not too good with all the abreviations.

My biggest hope for the saiga 30-06 would be for it as a competitor to the remington 7400/750 series rifles. Neither is noted for their accuracy, but the saiga is know for it's reliability and that would give it the edge over the remington if accuracy was reasonably close.

What does the "PSL / SVD" stand for? Sorry, not too good with all the abreviations.

My biggest hope for the saiga 30-06 would be for it as a competitor to the remington 7400/750 series rifles. Neither is noted for their accuracy, but the saiga is know for it's reliability and that would give it the edge over the remington if accuracy was reasonably close.

Commie sniper rifles

post-10946-1233849948_thumb.jpg

There is one on the shelf at Arms Mart Inc in Independence, Missouri.
Arms Mart Inc
ARMS MART INC

21200 East Truman Road

Independence, Missouri

816-796-5800

We're here to serve you from 10am to 8pm Tuesday through Friday, and Monday and Saturdays from 10am to 5pm.

To get to Arms Mart from Highway 291, head east on Truman Road 2 1/2 miles and you'll see us on the north side of the road. From 23rd Street, turn west at the stop sign at Truman Road and we're the fourth building on the north side. From Highway 7, head west on Truman Road past 23rd Street to the fourth building on the north side of the road.

Pardon our dust, our Website is under construction.

On the shelf. I saw it in the store. Not on the website, which I'm glad they have, it's a a bit of a drive from Liberty to Independence!

I talked to Clyde (RAA) about them at the SHOT show. He said he had some on order but didn't know when/if they were coming in. He also indicated that only 50 were imported so far.

The four round magazine capacity scared off most buyers.

FWIW, it's not the first AK type gun imported in 30'06. There were a few Valmet Hunter guns imported in 30'06 as well. Even as rare/scarce as they are, they still only bring about half as much as a Valmet 76 in .308.

There is a big difference in a gun being rare, scarce, and/or desirable. If you don't understand the difference between the three, your investments will suffer.

Tony

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well I'm looking to pick one up in a month or so to make mags for. So if your thinking of selling in and become a contributor I'd consider taking it off your hands. But you would need to be a contributor first.

I have one mag that a forum member sent me to take sizes off of but nothing quite as easy as having the gun in hand. But even from just looking at that mag it seems that it would be more simplistic then the .308 mags. The .30-06 has a relatively low feed angle and does not need have the same feed quirks that the .308 does.

I have had one for 2-3 years . I drove from mid-Ohio to Ky. to get it.s/n # xxxxxxx100. I really like it . I shoot 147 grain greek ammmo and some 180 grn. wolf ammo.I got 2 mags with it and tried to get more ;no go anywhere. I made a 20 round mag with saiga mag and browning 20 rounder.It still works .that is a hard to do because you must use part of the 3 rounder at the top!The Saiga is fun to shoot!!

• 2 weeks later...