Saiga-12 markings ?

Hey guys,

I have a saiga-12 that I picked up a few years ago, and it is NOT marked "Saiga-12" anywhere on the gun. The right side of the receiver has: "Kalashnikov USA" enscribed . . . and on the left side: a bunch of Russian symbols, "MADE IN RUSSIA BY IZHMASH", and the following . . . C-A-backwards"N"-upsidedown"L"-A-12 on the trunnion.

So I ask, are they all marked in this way ? Or just the old ones ? What do the new ones (with the "hold open feature") have marked on both sides of the receiver ?

Thanks, -Al

Thanks for the reply,

I pretty much figured that was russian for saiga -12(pretty obvious)

My question was only about the English marking and whether or not any of the guns ever had it in English..

So you say that some of the new ones do now have it in English . . . . but not all ?

My next question is: Do the ones that have it marked in English still have the Russian letters(for Saiga-12) marked on the left side on the trunnion as well ? . . . and where are the English words "Saiga-12" located on the gun ?

Is my gun a bit harder to find because of the "All Russian Markings" ? . . . or were alot of these ones imported ?

-Al

mine has both the Russian and English lettering for 'Saiga-12"...the Cyrillic(Russian) lettering is placed just above the 2 rivets on the left side of the receiver , forward of the magazine well , and is about twice the size of the Arabic(English) lettering , which is directly above that , just below the serial numbers on the raised 'plate' area( trunnion )....there is , what i assume is , a date of manufacture on the left side of the receiver , just forward of the scope mount rail , between the factory symbol stamps and the magazine well...mine reads " mx03 2000 " which i assume means it was made in march of 2000 ( am I correct Makc? , if my translation is correct , the lettering would 'sound' like " M ZH 03 2000 ") ....mine is also stamped on the right rear of the receiver with "EAA CORP / COCOA,FL"...

another feature that is not on all of these guns is the bolt catch ( if you are not familiar with this part take a look on Makc's e-store , he sells a better than factory version of em for the ones that came without )...if you have had the gun for a few years now(an earlier date of manufacture) , and you DO have a bolt catch , that would increase its rarity also..not many , if any , of the earliest imported guns had them

there are very few companies importing these guns in the US so the importers stamp ( Kalashnikov USA , for yours) may increase its rarity also..as far as i know EAA is the one who does the largest volume of guns(thats a total guess so dont take my word for it..lol..) , so mine would be a more common one...also , these have only been imported for a few years now...you may have gotten one of the first to come to the US...i would guess that the guns with no english lettering will become more and more rare as more guns are imported....

aaaaaanyway....welcome to the forum MM ...i see that these are your first posts here....its always good to see new people join in .....