Flash hider for factory threaded S12

IM curious to see how many saiga12 owners have the siaga with the polychoke and how many of you would have an interest in a flash hider that would screw onto the existing threads.

This would be basically the same design as the set screw and 7/8-28 version I made only it would have the same thread size as the saiga polychoked shotgun.

Here is what they look like if you hadnt seen them before.

post-3-1109792925_thumb.jpg

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am interested in a muzzle break that threads on the existing threads of the Saiga-12 shotgun. I never found a metric tap to do this, per our previous conversation. Maybe you found a tap to do this?

Yes I found a tap...well I found a place that would make one for me. Unfortunetely the cost was too high and so Iam chasing internal threads instead. Someone sent me their thread protector so I could make a thread gauge to check my threads after I chased them. Tonight I succesfully chased the threads for the FH and timing nut and will be shipping it to him wednesday and should know by the beginning of next week if it fits his barrel.

Id like to have a tap as it would be less time consuming more forgiving but I cannot justify the price tag.

johnny?

Maybe a group buy? cover costs up front?

works on every other site i've been on. just a thought.

i'll fork mine out up front.

Dodge, c'mon your breaking my balls man, your breaking my balls... :blues:

Seriously though, if I could make these any faster to cut down the cost I would.

Edited by johnnymceldoo
c'mon your breaking my balls man, your breaking my balls...

GEEeeeezz!!

Ball busting is asking 1/3 of a shotgun's original cost for a flash hider! Part of why I got into an S-12 was affordability. Granted, your part is pretty cool looking but

GEEeeeezz!!

;)

c'mon your breaking my balls man, your breaking my balls...

GEEeeeezz!!

Ball busting is asking 1/3 of a shotgun's original cost for a flash hider! Part of why I got into an S-12 was affordability. Granted, your part is pretty cool looking but

GEEeeeezz!!

;)

Yes, I was being sarcastic quoting cartmans line from southpark. I completely agree with you that it is expensive. Others make them as well. Tromix(Tony Rumore) sells one and so does rusmilitary(I think). They are both cheaper(at least Tonys is).

Edited by johnnymceldoo
Johnny

Cool, I would be interested in a FH if your thread chasing method proves good on a known factory threaded barrel. What is the price again?

The first one will be shipped tomorrow. It SHOULD(it better!) fit. The price will stay the same as set screw and standard thread versions,

I'll pipe up here, I"m the guinea pig :smoke: Can't wait to try it out.

What I just don't understand is why gun manufacturer's can't use standard size threads for anything, just can't make it easy for those of us who like to make our own stuff, ya know. For example, when I priced a tap for the threads I got a quote of almost $200. Now even if Johnnymceldoo went that route, he'd have to sell 20 flashhiders at a $10 markup just absorb the cost of the tooling. I can understand why he (and myself) would be reluctant to have to stick all that out front. Chasing on a lathe works, just a little more dicking around if you don't have an actual gage to use. Isn't machining wonderful?

Again my hat is off to Johnny for all the work he's put into this for me, and by doing so, anyone else who gets one :super::super::super:

figure out how you want the flash suppressor situated on the barrel and mark where the screws will hit the barrel. drill or otherwise make small divots (not holes) where the screws will go. use red loctite and secure the set screws. this is what i would do and am going to do with my bayonet lug...

or just use red loctite.

i guess you could silver solder it on as well...

figure out how you want the flash suppressor situated on the barrel and mark where the screws will hit the barrel. drill or otherwise make small divots (not holes) where the screws will go. use red loctite and secure the set screws. this is what i would do and am going to do with my bayonet lug...

or just use red loctite.

i guess you could silver solder it on as well...

Very good idea hardcorps. This will just make it a little faster to clock in the right position when you taking it off and on. I dont like the setscew version though....they take too long to make :ded:

:-)~