does anyone sell an entire conversion kit?

Hi all,

I have the .223 with a 20" barrel. I want to convert it to look like the "classic ak" (see attached pic except i don't want a folding stock). I have the bullet guide from dinzag, but I was wondering if any company sold a "whole kit" (pistol grip, hand guard, g2 fcg, fsb with threads, muzzel brake, cleaning rod, ect. EVERYTHING NEEDED)

my goal is to convert it to look like the picture

I know I can buy all the parts separatly, but i would think it would be easier/ cheaper to get all at once from one source.

thanks

post-5522-1233705535_thumb.jpg

I know I can buy all the parts separatly, but i would think it would be easier/ cheaper to get all at once from one source.

The problem with someone offering a complete kit is; what stock, pistol grip and forend (if any) would they offer?

Browse through some of the conversion pics on this site to get an idea just how many different stock options people choose.

Also, you'd need different parts sets for some different models. For example, the FCG needed for the normal Saiga .223 is different from what is needed for the Saiga .308 (if you want the safety to work).

Edited by cma g21

You know, sad thing is, at the prices these companies are asking, it's actually cheaper to just buy US-made mags and buy a foreign stock set post-conversion. At least that way you can get genuine furniture.

US-made magazine: $30-$40.

Foreign stock set: $30-$65

US-made stock set: $200+

You can buy a LOT of magazines with that savings.

Edited by Mike the Wolf
You know, sad thing is, at the prices these companies are asking, it's actually cheaper to just buy US-made mags and buy a foreign stock set post-conversion. At least that way you can get genuine furniture.

US-made magazine: $30-$40.

Foreign stock set: $30-$65

US-made stock set: $200+

You can buy a LOT of magazines with that savings.

Exactly!! (the part about being expensive) (it never occurred to me to go the usa magazine route)

parts needed to make it the way i want are over almost $450 plus shipping!!

maybe I should sell my 35 rd. orlites, thread my barrel, give up the classic look (with cleaning rod) and just do the USA made fire control group and mags.

any other idea's are greatly appreciated!!!

thanks!!

I'll tell you what I'm doing: I'm putting Romanian furniture on mine, but using American mags. The overall look on an AK is not determined by the mag nearly as much as by the furniture. With Romanian furniture, I'm sitting at 9 foreign parts, which means I can thread my barrel and put a brake on. The overall look I'm going to have for my gun is a PSL stock with Romanian AK handguards (the ones with the vertical foregrip). If I, for some reason, don't like the foregrip I can always have it cut down or order a lower foregrip by itself. I bought myself a can of MinWax Sedona Red wood stain that I'm using to stain all the furniture to match.

Edited by Mike the Wolf

I got the $83 KVAR kit that has US pistol grip, US Warsaw pact length stock, US trigger, trigger guard, PG nut and screw:

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?prod...=335&page=1

I got the Tapco galil HG for $59,

http://www.gilbertsguns.com/AK+47+Accessor...Style+Handguard

and the M16A1 FH is about $10.

I use US made Surefire and Promag magazines, so I am above and beyond 922 compliant.

GalilHG.jpg

The front half is done, and I hope to do the PG conversion in the next week.

Edited by imarangemaster

Last time I ordered from Dinzag, like a week ago. I swear I saw "Pistol Grip Conversion Kits" on the site, or a line to contact him. He does have all the parts, I believe he is now offering a "kit". Looks great rangemaster.

Edited by Wotan1105
I got the $83 KVAR kit that has US pistol grip, US Warsaw pact length stock, US trigger, trigger guard, PG nut and screw:

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?prod...=335&page=1

I got the Tapco galil HG for $59,

http://www.gilbertsguns.com/AK+47+Accessor...Style+Handguard

and the M16A1 FH is about $10.

I use US made Surefire and Promag magazines, so I am above and beyond 922 compliant.

GalilHG.jpg

The front half is done, and I hope to do the PG conversion in the next week.

that kit for $83 is perfect!!

but I want the front half to look like a "classic" (upper hand guard/lower hand guard) if I'm thinking correctly, don't i need a hanguard retainer, a different gas tube??

thanks for helping me out!!

that kit for $83 is perfect!!

but I want the front half to look like a "classic" (upper hand guard/lower hand guard) if I'm thinking correctly, don't i need a hanguard retainer, a different gas tube??

thanks for helping me out!!

Yes, you need a gas tube and handguard retainer. Dinzag has both