Question: I watched the conversion video...

I watched the new conversion video--nicely done thank you.

I had some questions before hand and these were mostly answered.

But in the video you were replacing trigger group parts.... for 922r mainly?

Can I just to the conversion and keep the regualar Saiga trigger group parts?

Or do one or two things need to be changed because the group is moved forward?

922r is going to become completely irrelevant in the next few months.

ST

Edited by fiveringstakezo

What?

With this economic collapse going to implode the US--922r is not going to make any difference.

See collapse of USSR for what I mean.

But this is not a baiting statement (above)--and I am just asking tech questions right now.

If you want info on what I mean PM me.

ST

Edited by fiveringstakezo
Okay--that's what I wanted to know.

I might as well get the Whole Tapco trigger component set correct?

FGC?? What is this?!

And that would make everyone feel comfortable about 922r. lol

FRT

FCG is fire control group...

i got the whole tapco fcg for both of my saigas from Dinzag... he modifies them so they clear the BHO....

in regards to 992 i wont make a big deal or drag it out.. but heres the issue... we all love to shoot for different reasons.. and we love being able to shoot military style rifles... we also like owning them... EVERY TIME someone makes a gun that is out of spec.. you run the risk of drawing negative attention to our hobby... 992 compliance is EASY to achieve.. so i ask you.. why add fuel to the gun control fire by making anything illegal.... i mean seriously.. if the difference between being legal and illegal is a $50 trigger... wouldnt you rather have that $50 part and be SURE that the government doesnt have the ability to lean on you?

Edited by DamagedWorld
Okay--that's what I wanted to know.

I might as well get the Whole Tapco trigger component set correct?

FGC?? What is this?!

And that would make everyone feel comfortable about 922r. lol

FRT

FCG is fire control group...

i got the whole tapco fcg for both of my saigas from Dinzag... he modifies them so they clear the BHO....

in regards to 992 i wont make a big deal or drag it out.. but heres the issue... we all love to shoot for different reasons.. and we love being able to shoot military style rifles... we also like owning them... EVERY TIME someone makes a gun that is out of spec.. you run the risk of drawing negative attention to our hobby... 992 compliance is EASY to achieve.. so i ask you.. why add fuel to the gun control fire by making anything illegal.... i mean seriously.. if the difference between being legal and illegal is a $50 trigger... wouldnt you rather have that $50 part and be SURE that the government doesnt have the ability to lean on you?

Bravo and well said sir

922r aside, Dinzags FCG will improve your weapon by leaps and bounds. Much crisper trigger control. Even better is the Red Star FCG. That is fully adjustable and can be set to single stage or double, however, it's twice the price.

And DaveM, is right on. Don't give the gun grabbers a reason to lock you up. You never know when a range Nazi is going to sneak up on you so keep it legal.

I doubt the U.S. is going to collapse in the next three months or so. What you will see is a slight economic recovery while the Obama disciples continue on an extended honeymoon wooing their messiah for the great recovery. Expect this honeymoon to last for about 90 days.

The government is on a spend, SPEND, and SPEND some more frenzy. This will exacerbate the coming economic tsunami scheduled to occur sometime in the crisis window of late 2009 to 2012. So you still have a little time. Spend it wisely. You cant prepare if you in jail over a stupid 922r issue.

I doubt the U.S. is going to collapse in the next three months or so. What you will see is a slight economic recovery while the Obama disciples continue on an extended honeymoon wooing their messiah for the great recovery. Expect this honeymoon to last for about 90 days.

I'll check into the Dinzag FCG.

This sounds like a good way to go.

I looked a Tapco G2 double hook goup set today at Ammo Brothers.

Will this FCG work?

Is 39 bills too much?

And I shouldn't have mentioned 922r and irrelevancy in this post, sorry.

But since I did--and I got some responses you should take a look at this little thing Glenn Beck did a few days back.

And mind you this is before President Hussein is going to spend his trillion dollars.

At this point the chart will go nearly vertical (See Weimar Republic/Zimbabwe hyperinflation).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y792pxhYeE

http://ignoranceisfutile.wordpress.com/200...llions-by-2012/

What the meaning of the dog-leg upwards is... bank holidays, hyperinflation (way above 50%), default on US debt, demonitization of US dollar (repudiated), new money system introduced (old dollar traded at 5 to 10% on old dollar) --and all the chaos this will entail.

The Soviet Union broke apart under way fewer economic problems than we have.

Right not the situation appears on the surface as stabilized--but it is far from it.

The really bad economic things will start to unfold and spin-up in the spring or early summer.

And you're right being in complaince is a good thing--I'm thinking this is going to be completely irrelevant this time next year.

FYI several of my friends are plugged into the financial world--and to put it short, they are all cashed out and putting their money into gold, silver, land, shotguns and canned goods. lol

FRT

And this is not the thread to respond... start a new thread in Politics and we can discuss the implications.

BHO=Barack Hussein Obama

No, wait, it's Bolt Hold Open!

The new Tapco hammer needs some material grinded off the base for the old BHO to fit. If you buy Dinzag's kit, this is already done for you.

Personally, I didn't bother replacing the BHO when I did my conversion. It sticks out right next to the trigger and real AKs don't have them anyway. If your range requires you to display an open bolt, you can always buy one of those plastic yellow safety flags.

BHO=Barack Hussein Obama

No, wait, it's Bolt Hold Open!

The new Tapco hammer needs some material grinded off the base for the old BHO to fit. If you buy Dinzag's kit, this is already done for you.

Personally, I didn't bother replacing the BHO when I did my conversion. It sticks out right next to the trigger and real AKs don't have them anyway. If your range requires you to display an open bolt, you can always buy one of those plastic yellow safety flags.

i had some concerns about the location of the BHO, but honestly it doesnt get in the way at all when shooting..

Hey thanks for all the answers...

Regading the shaving to clear the Barak Hussien Obama (BHO), just where is the metal taken from?

Anyone got a photo to show the area.

Also... will I get the dreaded "trigger slap" with a Tapco FCG?

I'm going to go this way to save some bucks--the Dinzag thing is great, and they're great, but my Saiga is not my precision rifle.

Take the cover off your unconverted Saiga and look where the BHO is attached right next to the hammer on the same pin: that's where you'd need to grind down the Tapco hammer. The stock Tapco hammer fits flush against both sides of the inner receiver, but to accommodate the BHO the right side needs to be grinded down 1/16" or so.

Like I said, the BHO is totally optional and probably not worth the bother.

If you modified a standard selector lever into a BHO, this would also interfere with the Tapco Hammer? Correct?

Also when using a BHO--when holding open the bolt... in the hold open position--this is when it interferes with the hammer correct? Incorrect?

Last question... Will there be any problems with trigger slap with the Tapco FCG? Any reported?

Thanks

If you modified a standard selector lever into a BHO, this would also interfere with the Tapco Hammer? Correct?

im not familiar with that process so i can not offer info..

Also when using a BHO--when holding open the bolt... in the hold open position--this is when it interferes with the hammer correct? Incorrect?

the hammer sleeve is the problem and what need to be ground down...

its not a lot but its just enough that it wont fit unless you grind it down... honestly i dont use the BHO often but i like that its there.. and i dont like removing usefull features.. so id suggest keeping it.. but its entirely up to you.. as far as the FCG goes the operation to me is really nice and smooth (for this kind of gun)