FSB pins out now I need help!!!!

Ok my pins in my old FSB are out. I need to get the FSB off the end of the barrel. How do I do this without damaging my barrel.

HELP PLEASE!

Thanks,

Merritt

doesnt it have to be pressed off?

what are you trying to do?

Edited by DamagedWorld

Are you planning on reusing the FSB? If not you can take a dremmel with a cut off wheel and put a nice slice along the entire length on the bottom. Try not to cut all the way down to the barrel though. Take a hammer and chisel to that slice and it will just split open. Once it's split open it will come right off.

I dremel'ed mine off. If you have to reuse it you'll have to press it off. Might not necessarily need a press. But would have to come up with a way to do it though.

I saw someone on here made two blocks of aluminum(I think). One block clamped onto the barrel, the other also clamped on but had an ID barely larger than the barrel. One block had two threaded holes concentric around the hole that was on the barrel. That way he could put push the two blocks apart by screwing bolts through one and hitting the other with the ends of the bolts.

That make any sense?

Edited by jamesavery22

I used a grinder and cut a line down the bottom of it but didn't get against the barrel. Now I'm going to try heating it up with a hair dryer and hammering it the rest of the way off. I hope this works as my gunsmith is afraid to work on AKs. Says he has no tools or experience with them.

Thanks for the help guys. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks,

Merritt

Took more grinding and some addition of heat but I finally got the old block off. Pressed the new one on with a block of wood and hammer. Took it to the range today and after converting this is the best mod I've done on any of my weapons. Barrel only lifts 1" max per round and I am back putting hammer pairs on target consistantly.

I couldn't be happier with my FSB and East German muzzle brake (zig zag break).

Only problem is I have to stick to the Surefire mags for hi cap until my new followers and base plates get in.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Thanks,

Merritt