New Tromix Top Cover Picattiny Rail (pic)

Will be available in 2-3 weeks. Steel one piece Mil-spec 1913 rail blended into an HK rear sight base. Price will be available next week. We will also have the rail only, without the sight base, contoured to fit the AK top cover. Weld on application. Of course on most guns, you will need to weld up the back of the top cover to tighten it up a bit. No big deal though. If you can weld the thing on, you can weld up the cover to tighten it up while you're at it.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

PicRail.jpg

Will be available in 2-3 weeks. Steel one piece Mil-spec 1913 rail blended into an HK rear sight base. Price will be available next week. We will also have the rail only, without the sight base, contoured to fit the AK top cover. Weld on application.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

PicRail.jpg

This look awesome, Tony. :super:

I can do a rail for the gas tube, no problem. Once the CNC program is set for the pic rail with the top cover radius on the bottom, it's a simple change to tighten up the contour for the 20mm gas tube. I'll get those rolling as well.

The current setup will work on any smooth AK top cover, not just the S-12. If you have one of those top covers that is ribbed for her pleasure, it won't sit flat unless you sand all the ribs off of it.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

Nicely done Tony.

I wish you were making those when I bought my Tromix. That rail is way slicker than the side mount one I had to cut down to get to work with my HK rear sight.

Nice setup. This will be bolt on correct?

OP says weld on. I'll take at least one please. When are you taking work again? ;)

I can do a rail for the gas tube, no problem. Once the CNC program is set for the pic rail with the top cover radius on the bottom, it's a simple change to tighten up the contour for the 20mm gas tube. I'll get those rolling as well.

The current setup will work on any smooth AK top cover, not just the S-12. If you have one of those top covers that is ribbed for her pleasure, it won't sit flat unless you sand all the ribs off of it.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

One of the gas tube rail and one of the rear w/o HK rear site base for me please. :smoke: Maybe 2 of each depending on what my brother plans to do with his S12. :rolleyes:

I suppose your could bolt it on, but with only one thread engaging that sheet metal, you'll probably have it in your teeth after a couple of shots. I wouldn't advise that....nor JB weld, super glue, duct tape etc.

Liability disclaimer.........................What about Gorilla Super Glue? :lolol:

The s-12 shark brakes are on the CNC lathe now. I should have them in about a week. The first 20 or so will go out to those guys that have S-12's with the shallow threaded muzzles that had problems with the last batch of brakes screwing on. This new batch will be threaded to work with those barrels as well as the older barrels with the full cut threads.

Tony

Great looking item Tony! You say to weld it up at the rear of the dust cover to tighten it up? Is this something you will have alread done?

I noticed the below design that we can't get here but they apparently use a couple of locking screws at the rear. Thoughts?

post-3915-1233918590.jpg

Tactical Rail top scope mount to fit a Saiga, Vepr and most other late model AK47's.

Very strong mount held on by 2x locking screws at the rear of the mount.

No gunsmithing required, if you ca field strip your rifle you can mount one of these.

Edited by 1911

Tony will the production runs be finished in the same way as your regular gun builds ? I don't suppose we can send in our top covers and have you weld and finish can we, if you can could you give a price for the compleat install rail, weld and finsh ?

BTW I KNEW you would pop summpin like this on me just as I was getting ready to send the check for my S-17 lol.

Very nice product

I am also interested. I've considered an ultimak........but always held off because of the heat coming off of the gas tube. I don't really want to subject my high dollar Trijicon Reflex II to that kind of abuse. And I certainly want to be able to get my ak's a little warm sometimes ;)

I've got a saiga 12 and an Arsenal SAM-7.......I think this is just what I've been looking for for both of them.

keep us updated!!!

Good work as always.....

49gmc

Great idea to include the rail and HK sights. Would most definitely be interested in one having a pain trying to find someone with a tig welder tho. Even still have a back plate to put on. Will be keeping an eye out for them, keep up the great work and great products.

Yes, you can send in your top cover and I can weld the pic rail in front of your existing sight. But, I can't remove the old rear sight base and replace it with this one. It's a mess trying to get the HK rear sight base off the top cover, once it has been welded in place.

I don't have any spare top covers to sell them complete. Nothing would line up worth a shit like that anyway. Keep in mind guys.....your gun is not assembled even romotely straight from the factory. Your trunion is not riveted in the channel straight. It could be shot in to the left, right, up down, or a combination. Your top cover isn't straight either. It may sit rocked to the right, left, twisted, or shifted side to side, whatever. Your gas tube and gas manifold aren't made right either, let alone installed right. The barrel isn't even pressed in the trunion straight, many times. You put that whole combination of fucked up parts with fucked up assembly, then just "slap" on a Tromix sight/scope mount (which is straight) and the chances of everything lining up is close to ZERO, unless it is all fitted, and lined up with a bore laser. Even then, with everything hitting at point of aim, it still may not "look" straight, because the sight mount has to be "aimed" at the bore path regardless of where all your other fucked up parts are pointed. The only thing I can guarantee is that the sights will be in line with the bore and you can hit what you are aiming at.....that's about the best case scenario considering what we have to work with here.

Tony

X2 on the pricing for this and the gas tube one.

will the gas tube one and this one be at the same level once welded on? also will this thing come with the HK sight, front and rear or just the rear? also will it line up with one of the barrel mounted AK looking sights?

Looks great but I have a few questions. How stable is this rail and how about return to zero after removing the dust cover? I just wonder how stable mounting an optic to the sheet metal dust cover is. Is it something you could mount a red dot on and go deer hunting or turkey hunting and have dependable repeatability shot after shot? Or is it more for just range fun?

Edited by lipadj46
Looks great but I have a few questions. How stable is this rail and how about return to zero after removing the dust cover? I just wonder how stable mounting an optic to the sheet metal dust cover is. Or is it good enough for close ranges? Is it something you could mount a red dot on and go deer hunting or turkey hunting and have dependable repeatability shot after shot?

Perhaps one could use index marks that would be engraved, stamped, whatever fore and aft of the top cover to check zero alignment and reset as required ?