My 2 new Pro-Mags.....good+bad...

Ok, I have given these mags a good work out... over 100 rounds assorted ammo... The first mag I tried I just washed out with W.D-40....let it rip with FED. 2 3/4 BUCK....no issues...This same MAG I took to the range I fired "K.O" BREN.'S out of it 2 full clips....ate them up.. GREAT!! This same mag...FED high brass 2 3/4 slugs no problem....then a mixed load... FED,WIN,REM+K.O'S...the WIN. load seemed a little tighter on the mag walls....BUT..still no issues!!! Now on to mag 2....took it right from the bag after fitting NO WD-40 on this one! Filled it with BREN. K.O'S....5 ROUNDS FIRED...#6 DID NOT....it was too low in the mag...I bumped the mag ..all set fired next 5..I then loaded 10 FED 2 3/4 slugs....fired 3....same issue...bump..fired 5... stopped bump...fired rest. I grab the WD-40 wash it out good....load 10 K.O'S...first one fires....#2 stayed in mag...bump it it free's up....Let out 5 rounds...bump then finsh the mag....I then stop...take both MAGS wash them out total de-grease them...I brake them down..clean up any bur's..I polished up the mag walls, and everything else..I then use a little light grease on the mag walls and spring also some very light reel oil..I then took a long dowel and worked the mags back and fourth for a long time....I could feel them loosening up...I then washed them out..re-oiled+ light greased....loaded up and went to the range....That did it...the mags worked great FED+K.O'S 2 3/4 SLUGS not a single issue...emptied the mag every time.... I'll keep ya posted.

so like everything else with these guns they require a little tlc to get them perfect?

HRmmm... where can i get them for $30...

Last I heard AJAX had them for $29.00....but were out of stock!! I paid $49 for mine...I found out about the AJAX too late...over all I am very happy with the mags.

If you have a used 12 ga. steel case do what I did, I hand cycled the case in my AGP magazine to burnish the sticking spots a few hundred times now the magazine feeds flawlessly.

I am happy with the AGP magazine. I also like Pro Mag products even though many people hate them. I used their products without hangups in other toys and I can't wait to get a Pro Mag S-12 magazine. My 10/22 Pro Mag 25 rounders work better with 23 rounds but I can't complain about that.

Good write up. Thanks for the info.

I think it can be fairly said that ALL of the aftermarket Saiga 12 mags have issues to some extent.

And because of manufacturing variances in the Saiga 12 (Vodka Specials :lolol:) some magazines will also require fitting.

Ok, I have given these mags a good work out... over 100 rounds assorted ammo... The first mag I tried I just washed out with W.D-40....let it rip with FED. 2 3/4 BUCK....no issues...This same MAG I took to the range I fired "K.O" BREN.'S out of it 2 full clips....ate them up.. GREAT!! This same mag...FED high brass 2 3/4 slugs no problem....then a mixed load... FED,WIN,REM+K.O'S...the WIN. load seemed a little tighter on the mag walls....BUT..still no issues!!! Now on to mag 2....took it right from the bag after fitting NO WD-40 on this one! Filled it with BREN. K.O'S....5 ROUNDS FIRED...#6 DID NOT....it was too low in the mag...I bumped the mag ..all set fired next 5..I then loaded 10 FED 2 3/4 slugs....fired 3....same issue...bump..fired 5... stopped bump...fired rest. I grab the WD-40 wash it out good....load 10 K.O'S...first one fires....#2 stayed in mag...bump it it free's up....Let out 5 rounds...bump then finsh the mag....I then stop...take both MAGS wash them out total de-grease them...I brake them down..clean up any bur's..I polished up the mag walls, and everything else..I then use a little light grease on the mag walls and spring also some very light reel oil..I then took a long dowel and worked the mags back and fourth for a long time....I could feel them loosening up...I then washed them out..re-oiled+ light greased....loaded up and went to the range....That did it...the mags worked great FED+K.O'S 2 3/4 SLUGS not a single issue...emptied the mag every time.... I'll keep ya posted.
A lot of inferior mags don't like to be at full capacity. When i was in the service i would only put 28 rnds in my mags becaws it reduced double feeds in my M-16.

Fixed it for you.

Crappy mags are crappy mags. I have no tolerance for them. I also feel bad the military allowed such crappy mags to be used for so long.

I've got 3 promags coming as well as 3 AGP's. I'm looking forward to running them thru some paces. Mostly with #6 shot because I can't afford to fire 100 rounds of slugs at one sitting, lol.

A lot of inferior mags don't like to be at full capacity. When i was in the service i would only put 28 rnds in my mags becaws it reduced double feeds in my M-16.

Fixed it for you.

Crappy mags are crappy mags. I have no tolerance for them. I also feel bad the military allowed such crappy mags to be used for so long.

I've got 3 promags coming as well as 3 AGP's. I'm looking forward to running them thru some paces. Mostly with #6 shot because I can't afford to fire 100 rounds of slugs at one sitting, lol.

I like you already. Little ballsy, but put a smile on my face.

Well done.

I'm stuck with crappy mags in NY so i don't know the differnce anyway :super:

Beach Hunter - How did you get your Pro-mags to lock in the receiver without any problems? Mine were too tight to fit in and too tight to release. I had to mod it with my Dremel for I could get it to fit.

I did take a little off the mag at the back...narrowed the part that locks in the mag latch....I also filed a tiny bit off the side of the mag in the back...they pop right in now nice and tight!!! Sunday I'm hitting the range...I got 250 slugs today at walmart...the 15 round value packs!! $8.47 each. Getting ammo is getting tough!! everyones buying up everything! (like me!! lol) I got a 1,000 rounds of 40 S&W today price was ok $300 for the case.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you tried 3in magnums yet?

Fixed it for you.

I like you already. Little ballsy, but put a smile on my face.

Well done.

I'm stuck with crappy mags in NY so i don't know the differnce anyway :super:

I gotta back him up on that one. If crappy $7 FAL mags can all feed reliably, $30 new mags better be able to on the more modern arms. Too bad they don't, but we are in a new era of low quality high quantity chinese stuff.

Although in all fairness to rimmed cartridge arms, rimmed cartridges are hard to feed. Any .22 or shotgun mag that fails to feed doesn't shock me at all.

Edited by Twinsen

I have not tried 3" mags in them....but every type of 2 3/4 ammo out there!! they have been fine now all broken in.....I shoot 1 to 2 times a week at least a 100 rnds a week....very pleased.

post-15231-1235365599_thumb.jpg

post-15231-1235365611_thumb.jpg

post-15231-1235365626_thumb.jpg

I have not tried 3" mags in them....but every type of 2 3/4 ammo out there!! they have been fine now all broken in.....I shoot 1 to 2 times a week at least a 100 rnds a week....very pleased.

The real test will be if they can cycle 10rds of 3in magnums.

The real test will be if they can cycle 10rds of 3in magnums.

I'm curious about the 3" magnums myself.I've got a promag here waiting to blast away but dont want it broken first time out.Fit was a problem tooas it wouldnt lock up until I hit it with a file.