FCGand Safety Problem

I installed a FCG from MAA and it is a Tapco. After the install my safety doesnt work. Has anyone had this problem? It just fires as normal woth it on or off. It looks like the safety bar instide is too short. Any thoughts ? Anyone else had this problem? Who has replacement safeties?

I installed a FCG from MAA and it is a Tapco. After the install my safety doesnt work. Has anyone had this problem? It just fires as normal woth it on or off. It looks like the safety bar instide is too short. Any thoughts ? Anyone else had this problem? Who has replacement safeties?

If you've got a 308, the "factory" safety lever "tang" is too short to correctly catch/stop the modified tapco G2 FCG.

I have one from Dinzag, (tapco G2 single hook) and he is "reworking" my FCG so the stock Safety lever/tang will work....... maybe.....

Seems the "tang" on my 308 safety lever is "straight across" and shorter (~ .030") than any he had ever seen before.

I've also heard that a "standard???" AK Safety lever will work. Pictures of those I've seen DO have a longer tang on the safety lever.

Example... Think this is a chinese AK safety lever...

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.p...2v7go7jsut71e94

Very similar to a "modification" thread posted on this site... think it is......

....the Saiga .308 forum, "safety problem". Someone welded onto the tang to make it longer on the one side...

Luck...

That is exactly what is happening.It looks like the safety flat is too short to contact the trigger. What is Danzig modifying for you? The trigger or the safety? Do I need to get a new safety?

I had gotten my FCG and some other Conversion parts from him. I think he is trying to modify the FCG itself.

He had already did a modification (that worked for most .308s) but mine (and evidently some other units) still

didn't work.

If you follow that other thread I mentioned, about welding a tip onto the Safety Tang, you'll see how they fixed their's

locally. Not sure where you got your FCG... Member "jammer" has a picture of the weld job on the Saefty Tang in

that forum. Believe it's first page...

I'm just waiting to see how well the "change" works... may buy an AK safety lever anyway..... for backup...

think they're around $10 + shipping.

Sometimes it happens. The little tip on the safety crossbar that impedes the triggers movement is too short after conversion. There is a difference between the length needed for the factory setup and the G2 setup. Most times it still works, although in many instances it will allow the trigger enough movement to "almost" fire the gun. I usually weld them up and refit them.

Sometimes it happens. The little tip on the safety crossbar that impedes the triggers movement is too short after conversion. There is a difference between the length needed for the factory setup and the G2 setup. Most times it still works, although in many instances it will allow the trigger enough movement to "almost" fire the gun. I usually weld them up and refit them.