Magazine Test Video by K-Var

Interesting....

Wonder how the surefire mags would stand up. Esp considering the high price of $40 a pop for the 30 rounders....

i have two surefire mags that broke in the same spot..

Bingo! the Surefire magazines are about the same quality as ProMag. They do not have the inner metal lining that the arsenal magazines have. Before my bullet guide was added I had one break on me as well. The tops are particularly fragile.

• Like 1
Eh, am I the only one that doesn't think this was a partial, unbiased test? :D

Your not the only one, but the arsenal-KVar "circle 10" magazines *ARE* of considerably higher quality. The Tapco magazines have never given me a problem, truth be told, but promags break left and right.

If you want to discover the bias of the test, maybe we could use your saiga and see for ourselves....... :haha:

• Like 1
Eh, am I the only one that doesn't think this was a partial, unbiased test? :D

I'm with you after watching 2 mags fail against 2 Kvars not failing. Since they didn't show ammo in those Kvar mags.

I know that the Kvars are good mags, I'm not saying that they wouldn't take that sort of abuse, but if you want to post a "test" video I think there are some things in this video that they are missing.

I'll wait to be flogged accordingly

Yup, I hurl my AK off things too.

Yup same here.. There is some mornings I get out of bed, Punch the wall and have a piss and think, "I think Ill toss the Kalashnikov out the window today". Out the window it goes taking out another one of the Bumpus's Dog.. "Ralphie"

Or maybe take it up on the free way push the pedal down and bring it to 80MPH and toss it out then.. Just because!!

Why just the other day it was "bring a gun today" at work. And all of use where tossing them over the 10 story building we just happen to occupied at lunch time just to see if they would hold up.

Clearly the after math was horrible.

But IMHO.. Good old Steel Mags are the way to go.

Sorry for the trolling, but I had to wright that.. It was just to funny..

Thanks for that link

I have been considering a bullet guide from dinzag so I can run USA made AK steel mags.

After seeing this video and my own experience with Sure Fire mags I am more than ever sure what I need to do next.

Sure Fire took care of me no problem but still you don't need that sort of aggravation.