I haven't posted much here but I have enjoyed all the great information from you folks. Now I think it is time that I do post, with all that is up in the air after the election and the possible new gun laws in our future, it is time for all of us as Americans to standup and let them know how we feel. Well this just might be a way of doing just that. I know we down in Texas are starting to get our act together and will be sending large group, I hope each and every state follows suit. Check out the link for more information.

http://www.milliongunownermarch.com/

Thanks

Derek

Edited by bountyhunter

IF thiis happens, you just know the media will find the dumbest, most racist, and stereotypical redneck they can and he will become the "face" of this march.

Someone better come up with VERY strict and concise talking points to be distributed.

But I am afraid it will still be a train wreck.....

I understand your concerns and I've had the same thoughts. The only thing is we need to do something more than sitting around. If we don't get involved one morning we are going to wake up to folks at our doors to collect our guns. I don't know about you, but I don't want that morning to come. If you have some good ideas, and I believe you do, let them be known to the folks organizing this event.

Thanks

IF thiis happens, you just know the media will find the dumbest, most racist, and stereotypical redneck they can and he will become the "face" of this march.

Someone better come up with VERY strict and concise talking points to be distributed.

Agreed.

We'll need to keep Surly busy, out of sight, when the news cameras come out.

Maybe we can dangle a shiny object on a string in front of him. That should keep him amused/busy.

Agreed.

We'll need to keep Surly busy, out of sight, when the news cameras come out.

Maybe we can dangle a shiny object on a string in front of him. That should keep him amused/busy.

don't worry about Surly, every other word would have to be beeped out. Besides that, maybe that

is what our country needs to hear. I hope something comes out of this.

Groups such as the New Black Panther Party should specifically be invited. They march around as in Jasper Texas with long guns, perfectly legal.

The Klan probably should not be encouraged because of what's gone down in history.

The NBPP might even accept and march with others in support of the right to keep and bear arms and who knows, maybe some or even all of them are actually decent people.

I just don't understand you folks. Like I said I haven't posted much but I've read enough about the complaining of Obama and what is to come. Now when given a chance to stand up and do something you just complain more. As far as it being a bit early, it is never too early to defend our rights, sure lets just sit around happy and do nothing. Let them pass some new laws and then we can complain some more, but the laws we will on the books and once they are there it is a lot harder to get them off. So Y'all just sit around, I'm not! I'm going to try and do something to help ensure my rights aren't infringed upon.

Edited by bountyhunter
I just don't understand you folks. Like I said I haven't posted much but I've read enough about the complaining of Obama and what is to come. Now when given a chance to stand up and do something you just complain more. As far as it being a bit early, it is never too early to defend our rights, sure lets just sit around happy and do nothing. Let them pass some new laws and then we can complain some more, but the laws we will on the books and once they are there it is a lot harder to get them off. So Y'all just sit around, I'm not! I'm going to try and do something to help ensure my rights aren't infringed upon.

Subscribed to the newsletter and we'll see what happens. One it depends on what idiot Holder does. But if it goes on, I will be there don't worry. Am only an hour or so from DC.

You are exactly right. Younger people are quick to submit, that's how bammy got elected. I hope they wake up before they lose it all. My neighbor is the same way and he's 68. He says oh well I'll die anyway before it affects me. What a fucking moron! I will be there.

Edited by Jangles

You are exactly right. Younger people are quick to submit, that's how bammy got elected. I hope they wake up before they lose it all. My neighbor is the same way and he's 68. He says oh well I'll die anyway before it affects me. What a fucking moron! I will be there.

Thank you, for a while I thought I was the only one that saw it is time to act. I'm not so worried now, maybe after the coolaid wears off, so other folks will see the light.

hunter,

nothing personal...

The idea is sound but I hope your icon is not displayed in connection with this proposal.

We all know how it is viewed by too many folks and it would only serve to marginalize the message that is trying to be spread.

HarvKY

I'm with Will on this, don't get me wrong things and messages need to be sent but it is going to have to be carefully planned by having a select group to deal with the media who will have a field day with this. They will sneak around and bait someone to say or do something stupid. A couple of "rednecks" could ruin the whole message you would be trying to put across and what if some of them are armed? Could be all the "ammo" the gun grabbers would need to speed up the time tables. Just my two cents.

I'm with Will on this, don't get me wrong things and messages need to be sent but it is going to have to be carefully planned by having a select group to deal with the media who will have a field day with this. They will sneak around and bait someone to say or do something stupid. A couple of "rednecks" could ruin the whole message you would be trying to put across and what if some of them are armed? Could be all the "ammo" the gun grabbers would need to speed up the time tables. Just my two cents.

Could be a nerd or a dentist or a college preppy that ruins it. Red necks, brains and ruffians built this country not a bunch of peace loving pussies.

hunter,

nothing personal...

The idea is sound but I hope your icon is not displayed in connection with this proposal.

We all know how it is viewed by too many folks and it would only serve to marginalize the message that is trying to be spread.

HarvKY

I won't take it personal but I do want to explian I picked my avatar because of Heritage not Hate! I am not a raciest, nor do I condone any person or group that judges a man by the color of his skin or his heritage. I didn't vote against Obama because of his heritage, I voted against him because of his beliefs, one of which is to take our guns away. The problem I have is that it is alright for some folks to judge me when I display my heritage, but it is wrong for me to judge their displays of heritage. I bet most folks don't even know what the flag in my avatar is, and that is because they have not studied history. History is something we must study and not forget or it might just repeat.

Bottom line here is, no my choice of avatar has nothing to do with this proposed march. I am an American, first and formost and believe in what our wise forefathers gave all of us. When those rights or our freedom is threaten then I will do any thing in my power to protect them. That is why I enlisted in the military and served this country. I did so of my on free will and love for this country and what she has stood for all these years......Freedom!

Derek

Edited by bountyhunter

Hunter..What amazes me is the fact that so many fail to realize that the "Third National" stood for a people who saw the poison of a too strong "central government'....The mess we find ourself in today is a direct result of starting down that slippery slope.

My ancestors served in the 5th and 22nd Virginia Infantry..After the battle of Droop Mountain a Maine private guarding prisoners at Hillsboro asked an unnamed Virginia private.."Well Reb..What was you fighting for..slavery or states rights?"..The Maine soldier wrote in his diary that the mountain boy shook his head and answered..."Neither..I dont know nothing about that stuff."..the Union soldier then asked him.."Well what was you fighting for?"..The Virginia boy told him..."Because you are here."...Today, my taxes are used to teach my children and grandchildren that their ancestors were "evil people"...Fly the banner proudly Hunter.

I don't think a couple of rednecks would ruin the message. I would trust people would be smart enough to know not to bring guns to DC. If the Million Man March could go off without a hitch, I'm certainly not worried about this. I hope they go ahead, and I like that it's planned for next year. I bet it won't be easy to get the necessary permits in DC for a "million gun owners march". The Communist Party of the USA would have an easier time getting permits I bet. By this time next year I think we're going to need something like this badly.

And right on Hunter. Elkton, VA is some beautiful Country, been by there quite a few times. Proud to be a true Virginian.

hunter,

nothing personal...

HarvKY

I won't take it personal but I do want to explian I picked my avatar because of Heritage not Hate! I am not a raciest, nor do I condone any person or group that judges a man by the color of his skin or his heritage. I didn't vote against Obama because of his heritage, I voted against him because of his beliefs, one of which is to take our guns away. The problem I have is that it is alright for some folks to judge me when I display my heritage, but it is wrong for me to judge their displays of heritage. I bet most folks don't even know what the flag in my avatar is, and that is because they have not studied history. History is something we must study and not forget or it might just repeat.

Bottom line here is, no my choice of avatar has nothing to do with this proposed march. I am an American, first and formost and believe in what our wise forefathers gave all of us. When those rights or our freedom is threaten then I will do any thing in my power to protect them. That is why I enlisted in the military and served this country. I did so of my on free will and love for this country and what she has stood for all these years......Freedom!

Derek

Thanx,

Im very familiar with the heritage not hate message and regret that its display has been linked to slavery - due in large part b/c of the KKK and racists who were allowed to basically appropriate it as a symbol.

Im from Kentucky and it really pissed me off that in the movie Glory Road about Texas Western beating Univ of KY they showed tons of rebel flags in the arena at the national championship game when in actuality there were none to speak of. It was the movie makers way of suggesting racism (which I do readily agree there was lots of)

RE; the flag... I do have to offer my opinion that that particular flag was basically adopted in just the final months? of the war when it was plainly evident that the war was clearly lost. Southerners have almost as hard a time not romanticizing the defeat as others do with framing it as a prejudice issue IMO. ;-)

Cheers,

HarvKY

I don't think a couple of rednecks would ruin the message. I would trust people would be smart enough to know not to bring guns to DC. If the Million Man March could go off without a hitch, I'm certainly not worried about this. I hope they go ahead, and I like that it's planned for next year. I bet it won't be easy to get the necessary permits in DC for a "million gun owners march". The Communist Party of the USA would have an easier time getting permits I bet. By this time next year I think we're going to need something like this badly.

And right on Hunter. Elkton, VA is some beautiful Country, been by there quite a few times. Proud to be a true Virginian.

Wotan, thanks man! It is a long story on how I came to live in Texas, but I'd rather be in Virginia. Like the saying goes you can take the boy out of Virginia, but you can never take Virginia out of the boy. In other words, I'll always be a Proud Virginian.

Thanx,

Im very familiar with the heritage not hate message and regret that its display has been linked to slavery - due in large part b/c of the KKK and racists who were allowed to basically appropriate it as a symbol.

Im from Kentucky and it really pissed me off that in the movie Glory Road about Texas Western beating Univ of KY they showed tons of rebel flags in the arena at the national championship game when in actuality there were none to speak of. It was the movie makers way of suggesting racism (which I do readily agree there was lots of)

RE; the flag... I do have to offer my opinion that that particular flag was basically adopted in just the final months? of the war when it was plainly evident that the war was clearly lost. Southerners have almost as hard a time not romanticizing the defeat as others do with framing it as a prejudice issue IMO. ;-)

Cheers,

HarvKY

Harv,

Just like with most things the TV, Movies and specially the Media get thing all wrong and most cases make things worse. Folks like the KKK haven't helped either and so here is where we are at in todays world and it isn't pretty.

There is a little story behind my choice of flag, I really wanted to use the 2nd National our Stonewall flag for my avatar. I spent a lot of time putting it together and then when I first used it on another forum, it looked like a small Battle Flag and the 1851 Colt. So not to let all my hard work go to waste, I put the red bar on it turning it into the 3rd National. Now why would I use any Confederate flag in my avatar, that is another good question. I'm currently working on a book about the Civil War, it is a fiction based on facts and what ifs with a little Sci-Fi mixed in to boot. Anyway I digressed, the flag avatar and some other things remind me as I'm not writing and have helped....so far....me not getting writer's block.

You know I take offense to how you folks are always downing what you call "Rednecks". I'm a Redneck born and bread in the mountains of Virginia, and my daddy worked his butt off every day to feed us kids. I want to tell you people that true Rednecks are the hardest working most honest people you will ever meet, and will give you the shirt of their backs, even if they don't have another one to wear themselves. I will also tell you the people you label as Rednecks have carried this country and freedom on their backs more than once. I know if it comes down to it, I can trust them to stand by me a fight, which I can see is a whole lot more than I can expect from you holier-than-thou panty-waists!