Saiga mag mods help

Guys I just need a bit of help as I posted in the Tech Section last week and no reply, Ive moved on and am thinking of cutting 2 loops of the mag spring to get 10 rounds is this ok?

thanks

Can you be a little more specific? What kind of magazine (vendor, # of rounds, steel or poly) are you trying to modify?

If you're trying to convert a saiga 5-round mag to a 10-round mag, I think Tapco makes a replacement follower that does that quite easily, and doesn't require you to modify the spring.

Carl

I have the standard 8/10 round poly mag that comes with the hunting stock Saiga which has been reduced to 5 rounds.

I've cut the follower to the same size as the Tapco one and cut off the floor plate upstand which has increased the mag to 8 rounds.

The next step is to cut back the spring which is 12" long with 13 loops in it, I cut off 3 loops of the spring which now gives me 9 rounds, question, should I cut it back to 8 loops ( the chinese 10 round mag, same size but in steel has only 8 loops)

anybody done this? and will it still work ok?