Post yer number

Since Tony has quit posting updates to the website, I figure maybe we can post here when your number is served.

I hear he is really cooking through the list.

So Let's hear it, who's getting the calls?

Post your number and when you mailed off your gun for some Tony Magic!

I have had to do quite a bit of juggling of orders lately. A few late number guns actually went out before they should have. My mistake there. I surveyed the orders today and I have 20 guns left in the 300's. They range from #289 to #397. So if you want to know where I am at....pick a number. I am somewhere between 289 and 397 with 20 guns in between. Once I'm in the 400's, there won't be so much skipping around.

I have quite a few guys in Iraq, with early orders that were put on hold, then they come back, and I back up to pick them up. There are also a LOT of guys that say they are sending their guns in for work......disappear, and then their gun shows up six months later. There are also parts shortages that hold up certain orders......lack of FFL's, lack of payment, customer phones disconected, orders canceled, no responses, no call backs, no e-mail returns, orphan guns, partial payments, denied credit cards, build spec changes, spec changes for parts yet built, and on and on and on.......that's why I quit posting "now serving numbers".

I should have the next 20 guns out about March 1, and then I will pick up in the 400's. I think 404 is the first one.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

I have quite a few guys in Iraq, with early orders that were put on hold, then they come back, and I back up to pick them up. There are also a LOT of guys that say they are sending their guns in for work......disappear, and then their gun shows up six months later. There are also parts shortages that hold up certain orders......lack of FFL's, lack of payment, customer phones disconected, orders canceled, no responses, no call backs, no e-mail returns, orphan guns, partial payments, denied credit cards, build spec changes, spec changes for parts yet built, and on and on and on.......

Holy shit.

That sounds like a huge hassle and a waste of time dealing with all that. I am happy i have had the same address and phone number for the past 20 years, so i wont put you through any of that stuff. Thank you very much for the update, it really helps me figure out my "budget" over the next few months knowing im not going to have to pay for my conversions for a little while longer. Thanks again Tony.

CJG

• 3 weeks later...

We do whatever we can to get ahold of the customer when their build gets close on the schedule. You may not remember, but when we were taking new orders, it was clearly posted that we needed "your full name, address, phone number, and e-mail address". Unfortunately, only about 30% of the guys could actually understand that, so most orders just came in with "put me on the list" and that was it. That only gave us an e-mail address, so if that changed, then your order went into the "customer can't follow directions" file.

If you're not sure if you sent us your new info, just send it again to Rumore@Tromix.com and we will update your order. It is VERY helpful if you include your order number with your e-mail.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

That only gave us an e-mail address, so if that changed, then your order went into the "customer can't follow directions" file.

As a software developer, one can never underestimate the incompetence of an end-user; lucky for you, you can drop those users into a folder, I have to try to actually "think" like them to do my job properly... ugh.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The list is a mess right now with a pile of guys stalling while they try to come up with some money, but don't want to lose their place on the list.

I am working "around" 550 right now. There are some below that, which will need to be picked up, and bunch in front of that, where the guys are stalling. So.....we'll probably break into the 600's shortly and then have to go back and pick up a bunch in the mid 500's.

Yes, this is a complete goat fuck.

I think when the list is completed (around 800), we will switch to the Milt Sparks style of order processing. If you are not familiar with that....it's where you take orders for your next month's production quantity beginning on the first day of the month, and when that quantity of orders is booked, you cut it off until the next month. At Milt Sparks that is usually in the first 2 days of the month. At Tromix, it will probably be in the first 2 hours of the month.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

Sorry to hear of the hassles, Tony. I guess I feel their pain... but really wish people would shit or get off the pot so I can get a crack at launching a corn canoe.

FWIW, #601 will not be an issue for you. :)

Edited by lelandeod
  • 2 weeks later...

I am number 58X and I got a call the other day asking if i wanted to buy guns or send mine in. i was told it would still be a couple months before they were really ready for mine, but i could send them in now or wait 2-3 months. Any ways, sounds like I am within a couple months.

CJG

We ended up running forward on the list a bit (calling people) in order to get a feel for how many guns we needed to purchase to take care of the upcoming orders. Basically, everyone that had an order in with us, has already bought a gun, so I have quite a surplus of S-12's in stock that I bought months ago. I am not sure what I am going to do with them all at this point.

Unfortunately, there are no HK sights available AGAIN, so I am not sure what the hell we are going to be building in the next couple of weeks. I will no longer sell any HK sights as spare parts, I can tell you that. Every sight that I get, will be hoarded in stock for builds.

Tony

...Unfortunately, there are no HK sights available AGAIN, so I am not sure what the hell we are going to be building in the next couple of weeks. I will no longer sell any HK sights as spare parts, I can tell you that. Every sight that I get, will be hoarded in stock for builds.

Tony

Which are shortest of, front sight towers or rear sights?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm #562 and just got a message on my machine yesterday July 6th to send my gun in. Mine may have been delayed though because somehow my email address had been lost. Looking foward to it. Just need to see now what mods are currently available and make a choice; was hoping for a competition set up or as close to it as Tony currently has available. I dropped off the board since placing my order so I need to come up to speed again.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

kind of like the movie "Stone Cold"

its good to change. I have had my same avatar arse on horseback on assault web for ten year's.

and too lazy to have one on the "Marine Corps" board.however this board always keeps me updated on Saiga stuff.

maybe a "District Nine" will be next.best regards Ron K.

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently working in the 580-620 range.

They don't go in perfect order, since most guys now have their own guns to send in, and many are not real timely in getting them shipped.

So I end up running ahead a bit on the guns that have already come in, and then have to back up and pick up the straglers that get shipped in late.

Production has also been slowed a bit lately due to the model mix ordered. 90% have been short barrel builds which take about twice the time as an 18" gun.

Tony

I am currently working in the 580-620 range.

They don't go in perfect order, since most guys now have their own guns to send in, and many are not real timely in getting them shipped.

So I end up running ahead a bit on the guns that have already come in, and then have to back up and pick up the straglers that get shipped in late.

Production has also been slowed a bit lately due to the model mix ordered. 90% have been short barrel builds which take about twice the time as an 18" gun.

Tony

Woo Hoo! Finally my number (623) is almost here!!!