Seriously now

Although i am but a lowly gunshop commando (retail sales associate), i think i have a pretty good idea of how things work when it comes to exciting new products.

Anyone remember when Marlin Introduced the Guide gun in .45-70? It was about a year before they were actually available, and all they really had to do was shorten the barrel and add some ports. Even when large companies that have existed for a hundred years introduce a new product, it takes a considerable amount of time for it to actually materialize. So for one guy to just decide "I think this would be cool" and make it happen, not just for himself, but to try to make the world a little bit better by offering it to the masses; it is nothing short of a miracle that we are as close as we are to realizing it. Especially when you take into consideration the problems he encountered, which were more to do with the last batch of Saigas to come into the country(which, btw arrived about 9 months later than the Russian American Armory rep. said they would) and not really much to do with his design, and the extraordinary lengths that he went to resolve the problem; the fact that he is a mere month past his estimated shipping date is something that really needs to be applauded.

I went to the 2008 shot show and I would say that about half of the products I saw there are actually readily available. Of the other half some may never see the light of day because some accountant will advise that they are not viable and the rest will either take another year or be quashed by the impending doom that resides at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Mike Davidson is a true visionary and a man among men. I simply do not think enough can be said about his greatness. Also The more senior members of this forum deserve a lot of thanks for helping to get the information out, helping others to stay strong as we face adversity, and for putting trick ass AA drone bitches in their place.

Although the journey has been long and arduous, now is the time to exercise extra patience, for we are about to reach the top of the mountain, maybe not today, maybe not next week. But we will get there, and it will be good.

• 4 weeks later...