Left handed conversion finished!

Now that I have your attention, I call it my "Left Handed Conversion" because I had to do it left handed with my right arm in a sling. So it only took me a couple weeks to get it done a little at a time, instead of one evening! Good for building patience, I guess!

I will post pics tomorrow.

KVAR US trigger

KVAR US Warsaw Stock

KVAR US AK 47 pistol grip

Tapco Galil US hand guard

US M16A1 flash hider

US Surefire and ProMag magazines (3 US parts each)

Re-used Saiga hammer, Saiga disconnector and spring, Saiga trigger guard, Saiga hammer/trigger pin retention spring (only used one of the aluminum cross spacers screws? and plug back holes, and trimmed down bolt hold open device (WHAT A PAIN IN THE BUTT! Thank goodness for who ever came up with the dental floss idea!).

Hardest part: Drilling the front trigger guard weld! Must be melted down German tank steel, as someone already suggested!

It is soooooo sweeeeeeet!

Edited by imarangemaster

Yes! That front trigger guard weld is a bi_ch. I wrecked a couple of drills before I ground it off with a Dremel tool. The BHO is not worth the bother IMHO but that's just me. Can't wait to see your final product. You should be able to get out on "winter vacation" if your arm allows and try it out.

...Those titanium trinitride bits went through it like a hot knife through butter.

They didn't work for me. Ended up using a diamond bit in a Dremel tool, combined with a little brute force (both applied in an appropriate WECSOG manner ;>)...

Am I the only one who didn't have trouble with that trigger guard weld? Those titanium trinitride bits went through it like a hot knife through butter.

i had no problem as well.... in fact i remember while doing the conversion waiting to smoke drill bits or break them... i used the SAME bit on TWO saigas and it was just some old bit in my box i dont even know what it was... i did make a couple progressive holes.. small medium then large.. i dont know if that helped me?