1st trip to the range- 7" to 8" bench rest groups at 100yard

Here is the 10 shot group I did from a bench rest at 100 yards using total breath control and staging the trigger to break as cleanly as possibly without "pulling" off target.

10ShotBench100yards.jpg

Here is when I stood unsupported using the same techniques firing a 10-shot group, firing as slowly as possibly and keeping my focus on my breath control. Notice there are 8 shots circled. The other 2 completely missed the paper.

10ShotStandingUnsupported100yards.jpg

Basically the shots are all over the place.

Edited by coloradowildman
Yep there is no rhyme nor reason for that group. I'd just say test with different ammo then call RAAS.

Good luck,

Merritt

Yeah, I know some here were wondering if maybe I was exaggerating a little so it's nice to post the actual results. I did talk to RAA today and they great to deal with. If different ammo doesn't make a big difference then RAA said they would replace the gun, including covering my shipping costs. That's what I call customer service.

Hello all,

Coloradowildman, my scope came in this past week. I got a chance to get out to the range yesterday to sight it in. I didn't have alot of time,(Valentine's Day and other things) so I sighted in at 50yds with the help from the guy sitting next to me. I took two 30 round mags. I used a few shots to readjust the Iron sights also. I also used a few shots to get my bearing with the scope(left-right, up-down). It didn't take long(about 30 minutes) to get it all sorted out. I was shooting mainly 3 round groups, but every now and then a fourth one would get in. I shot with my right elbow resting on the bench/table. All in all, it was a positive trip. 1 inch groups on average, iron sights as well as scope sighted. one or two scope groups were less than 1 inch. I shot the final scope test rounds at the lower left corner diamond. The first shot was money and the rest came every three to four seconds until empty. One flyer only(the one just outside the square) I was using Monarch 7.62X39 123gr. FMJ.

The trigger pull is decent for what the Saiga Sporter is. Its not the best, but its not that bad either. I can live with it. Your barrel may have a rifling problem. Not to worry though, you are in good hands with RAA.

post-15618-1234726613_thumb.jpg

post-15618-1234737124_thumb.jpg

post-15618-1234737138_thumb.jpg

Edited by Teaser

I got my first saiga last friday my 7.62 did 3 inch groups at 50 yards with open sights, my brothers saiga .308 got 1.5 inch groups at 50 with open sights. try a different ammo, i tried monarchs and they kick about half as much as an sks does. love the rifle and will have more fun with it. we took shots at a half inch steel plate the 7.62 dented it a little and the .308 blew right through it at 50 yards.

Edited by blood hunter