USA made 5 round mags?

Just curious, but what's wrong with the factory 5 rounders?

Nothing, they are perfect. I just want the option to use USA made 5 or less round magazines for compliance parts.

Using 5 round mags doesn't create any compliance issues.

By the looks of my promag 10rd mag's it has a groove in the middle so it can be cut down to 5 rd.

Tis true, the 10 round Pro-mag can be cut down to a 5 round mag. I just didn't want to perform that on any of my 10 rounders, I much prefer the high capacity factor. :killer:

DT

Nothing, they are perfect. I just want the option to use USA made 5 or less round magazines for compliance parts.

Ok, so if i put a PG and Collapsible stock on my Saiga 12. I thought that made it non sporting, which then triggered 922r. So if i use a 12 rounder surefire which counts as 3 parts and a gas piston, all of which i have, its compliant. But then if i put the russian made magazine back in, i lose 3 parts, but im still non sporting, I am no longer compliant. Am i misunderstanding that?

Ok, so if i put a PG and Collapsible stock on my Saiga 12. I thought that made it non sporting, which then triggered 922r. So if i use a 12 rounder surefire which counts as 3 parts and a gas piston, all of which i have, its compliant. But then if i put the russian made magazine back in, i lose 3 parts, but im still non sporting, I am no longer compliant. Am i misunderstanding that?

Non-sporting magazines are the kicker.

So long as you use 5 rounders or less, you're fine.

6 rounders or more, you'll need 922r parts.

This is how folks with a non-threaded muzzle on their Saiga shotguns can use the SureFires and Pro-Mags w/o any other 922r part.

This is how folks with a non-threaded muzzle on their Saiga shotguns can use the SureFires and Pro-Mags w/o any other 922r part.

I understand that. But the Pistol Grip makes it a non sporting firearm as well and would make 922r a requirement as well. At least thats what ive gotten from reading everything else on this site. So if that is true and i want to use a 5 round mag, i do need to have a US made one to stay within the 10 part limit.

If this informatoni is wrong and I do not need to convert after using a PG and collapsible stock then im good to go.

Edited by pl1ght

I understand that. But the Pistol Grip makes it a non sporting firearm as well and would make 922r a requirement as well. At least thats what ive gotten from reading everything else on this site. So if that is true and i want to use a 5 round mag, i do need to have a US made one to stay within the 10 part limit.

If this informatoni is wrong and I do not need to convert after using a PG and collapsible stock then im good to go.

There is a reason no US made 5 round mags exist for the Saiga-12. Think about it.

Your shotgun cannot be made to accept "legislated high capacity mags", so you don't need 922r parts to cover this ruling (unlike the Saiga rifles, which once they've had their mag catches and mag wells adjusted can accept "legislated high capacity mags"). All the "legislated high capacity mags" have been made to fit the Saiga shotty w/o modification.

So long as you don't use "legislated high capacity mags" (6 rounds or more), you're fine.

Many firearms are imported with pistol grips that do not have "legislated high capacity" magazine capability.

I personally think you're tilting at windmills on this one.

Edited by nalioth

Just going by the information ive been finding over in the 922r and tech section on the PG turning the shotty into non sporting, regardless of mag capacity. Wish i could get a consensus.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry317536

Also everything i turn up through google tells me that once a PG is installed on the saiga 12 you have to make it 922r compliant. So right now you are the only person telling me im wrong. If I am wrong i want to know before i blow anymore money. I have been doing my research as much as possible.

Edited by pl1ght

Just going by the information ive been finding over in the 922r and tech section on the PG turning the shotty into non sporting, regardless of mag capacity. Wish i could get a consensus.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry317536

Also everything i turn up through google tells me that once a PG is installed on the saiga 12 you have to make it 922r compliant. So right now you are the only person telling me im wrong. If I am wrong i want to know before i blow anymore money. I have been doing my research as much as possible.

I will tell you what I've told others:

"Right now" is prime time work hours for lots of folks. Not everyone can internet from their jobs.

When work is over and folks come home and catch up with their favorite forums, you'll get other answers.