Did this "idea die on the vine" due to lack of interest or is it still in the works?

still in the works... gimme a week to sort things out..

Is a week up yet? :)

I got to pester Dan-o again....

• 3 months later...

Uh, since when is a cased weapon considered concealed? are we all commiting crimes when we load up for the range? I think not. Its a case, and in Arizona, a firearm isnt considered concealed when in "a scabbard or case designed for carrying weapons that is wholly or partially visible or carried in luggage." As long as it is sold as a gun case (and not a tennis racket case as someone else mentioned, which could be a problem) it is designed for carrying weapons and you are fine, and if the state has a problem with the design, they can sue the designer, or pass a different law, thats about all they can do. AFAIK most states are similar in statute. INAL, of course.

Edited by ReverendFranz
In PA, a concealed permit does not specify what type of "weapon" can be concealed....so I would guess a long arm would be fine. However, I can draw my handgun in less than a second....how long does it take to get the AK out of the bag an ready 4 action?.

Negatory there, for generalization purposes its just for pistols (with the exception of NFA). It doesn't have to make sense

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I know how that would work out for me -

judge "Ben, it says here that you were carrying a concealed weapon in public without a permit"

me "yes, your honor"

judge "it says here it was an AK47? I dont understand, how was it concealed on your person?"

me "in my sneaky bag"

judge "2 years next"

Put a little lock on the ends of the zippers, now your rifle is in a secure case (in lots of states).

Next time my wife and I are at the mall I'll go look at skateboard bags... :super: