Promags

Should promags hold the bolt open after the last round? The two that I have do.

What do you 3 gun guys use to carry your mags?

Thanks

I will not do that for long. You will soon need a new follower if you do not fix it.

Greg

I have 2 new PROMAG'S they work great now!!! took a little breaking in.. now they perform with out as much as a Hick-up!! One of mine does hold open the bolt after last round at times....if this does not cause issues?? I would like that on the mags...lets you see your empty.

Edited by BEACH HUNTER
I have 2 new PROMAG'S they work great now!!! took a little breaking in.. now they perform with out as much as a Hick-up!! One of mine does hold open the bolt after last round at times....if this does not cause issues?? I would like that on the mags...lets you see your empty.

I don't think the follower in the magazine will take the punishment of the bolt slamming into it on the last round for very long.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a Pro Mag magazine and didn't do much to fit it to the S-12 compared to the AGP and Taiwanese magazines. The follower does ride high which causes a bolt hold open after the last round like the Yugo AK BHO. The follower slides smoothly in the magazine and should feed properly when I fire it. I like Pro Mag's products.

I got a Pro Mag magazine and didn't do much to fit it to the S-12 compared to the AGP and Taiwanese magazines. The follower does ride high which causes a bolt hold open after the last round like the Yugo AK BHO. The follower slides smoothly in the magazine and should feed properly when I fire it. I like Pro Mag's products.

Has anyone fired 10rds of 3in magnum shells from a promag? Can it feed 10rds of 3in shells?

Has anyone fired 10rds of 3in magnum shells from a promag? Can it feed 10rds of 3in shells?

The real test will be 3" 00 buck in freezing conditions. Hopefully i get my promags in soon so i can test them befor spring kills the cold too bad.

The real test will be 3" 00 buck in freezing conditions. Hopefully i get my promags in soon so i can test them befor spring kills the cold too bad.

I just got my 10 mags yesterday for $27.99 a piece. I had to fix all the followers with hot water and cork.

I just got my 10 mags yesterday for $27.99 a piece. I had to fix all the followers with hot water and cork.

At that price if thats the only problem you made out like a bandit.

They also required some minor fitting. I noticed that they are not as smooth as the surefire, but where they lack in internal smoothness they make up for in spring tension. It will be interesting to see if they can feed 10rds of 3in shells.