Return to manufacturer of fix it myself?

Hi Guys Id first like to thank all of you here at the Saiga forum.

This site has assited me beyond belief and without it I would have just marked saiga as a Joke.

I recently put 2 saiga 12s on layaway, 19" BHO "the desired model"

I got my first one out of layaway grabbed a bagful of cheap wallyworld special ammo and went to the closest desolate area.

I was extremely disappointed FTE and of course FTF

Started reading on here and found out I was a lucky "Vodka Special" onwer

I polished I ported nothced I did everything on this forum to resolve the problem, had the gun COMPLETELY apart at least 5 times opening the ports up a little at a time.

Finally She munches through any shell like cookie monster does cookies.

Now Im about to get the other one out and guess what, Lucky me again another "Vodka Special"

I didnt mind at all doing the work on the first gun, Im an ak lover and have done most everything except porting to my AKs (polishing is the first thing I do to all of my aks) but I was also way to excited to get my conversion done on the s 12 (which is now complete minus the butt stock)

So since Im in no dire Need of this gun should I send it back and get one with 4 ports? I dont Mind the wait even if its a month. I just want to ensure getting another gun exactly like mine BHO 19" trigger hole already cut (basically a 30 min conversion with the DIY)

Thanks

Justin McMillion

LOL.....I didn't realize that "vodka special" term was going to stick like it did when I first posted it.

When I'm dead, no one will ever remember Tromix, but "Vodka Special" and "Accessorize Your Gun Like A Valley Bitch" will live on forever.........

Tony

Oh I remember Valley Bitch alright....lol.

I've been thinking the same thing lately Tony. I bet I see "Vodka Special" posted several times a day now. :lolol:

Tony: You are getting royalties right? Better get a copyright quickly. :lolol:

The funny thing is, when Tony coined that term we all thought they were mistakes...well..MOST of us did...

Now apparently they are claiming it's the new way and they will all be like that....at least that's what I heard. If that's false I'm sure I'll be corrected shortly.

What I still can't figure out is why the hell they would take the number one most f**ked up thing about these guns, the lack of appropriate gas flow in some of them, and DECREASE it by limiting it to two slightly larger holes. Sure, it takes a little less effort for a machine to drill two ports, but look at all the problems that we are now dealing with because they made that change....how much is RAAC spending on all this "warranty work"?

The funny thing is, when Tony coined that term we all thought they were mistakes...well..MOST of us did...

Now apparently they are claiming it's the new way and they will all be like that....at least that's what I heard. If that's false I'm sure I'll be corrected shortly.

What I still can't figure out is why the hell they would take the number one most f**ked up thing about these guns, the lack of appropriate gas flow in some of them, and DECREASE it by limiting it to two slightly larger holes. Sure, it takes a little less effort for a machine to drill two ports, but look at all the problems that we are now dealing with because they made that change....how much is RAAC spending on all this "warranty work"?

I spoke to Tom at CGW and he said they were a mix up. There was an order of special guns for the army over there for 3" only guns and they got mixed in. He stated he didnt know if there is any truth to that or if they were just feeding him a line, but it could be true and would be plausable

Before you start opening those holes up too much. make sure and shoot a good 100rnd value pack through the gun. My saigas that i bought that werent vodka specials had multiple FTE in the first 100 or so rounds. after that they ate everything. im sure these vodka specials need some opening up, but if you shoot the first 10 rounds then immedietly start drilling them bigger, you might over gas the gun. just a thought, these guns are pretty rudementry and need a good break in to get them working good.

CJG

Before you start opening those holes up too much. make sure and shoot a good 100rnd value pack through the gun. My saigas that i bought that werent vodka specials had multiple FTE in the first 100 or so rounds. after that they ate everything. im sure these vodka specials need some opening up, but if you shoot the first 10 rounds then immedietly start drilling them bigger, you might over gas the gun. just a thought, these guns are pretty rudementry and need a good break in to get them working good.

CJG

Yeah I Fired at least 2 boxes between porting and have fired a little under 200 rds total, but I pulled the bolt, hammer, carrier and smoothed all the rough edges and literally polished them (Looks Like Chrome)

After the last time I ported it, it was having no FTE or FTF but the gas system wasnt pushing it enough to cock the hammer, I fired 3 boxes that day including a box of 2 3/4 5 shot and by the end of the day almost all problems were finally solved with only 2 misfires from not cocking on the last box of wally ammo

I also ordered a tappet and a gas fixers plug, with that I should be home free

Edited by justinmcmillion