No Thread muzle brake is now available

First off, let me apologize for this project taking as long as it has. This turned out to be much more challenging than we had thought.

We finally got the first run of the production pieces. I have to get some good pictures up but this is the best that I have for now.

How it works:

There are 2 parts, one is a clip that goes over the front site tower and is retained in place by fitting around the site tower. The "clip" snaps around the bbl and on most rifles it will have a slightly loose fit. This is by design. We found that the tolerances on the rifles are all over the place. By making them slightly oversized (.010 max) it will allow the clip to work on almost all rifles. Once the brake is threaded onto the clip it is then rock solid and does not move AT ALL. The clip is threaded on the end to allow muzzle brakes to be taken off and on.

The second is the muzzle brake itself. Because of the thickness of the rifle muzzles, we had to use a nonstandard thread. There are no brakes "off the shelf" that will fit. Currently we have the Phantom style brakes ready to ship but we are also working on some other designs that we hope will be availble soon.

The clip is 19.99 and the phantom to fit it is $24.99.

Scott

Click here to order the clip

saiga%20clip%20only.JPG

Click here for the Phantom brake

saiga%20clip%20final.JPG

Fits loosely, huh? I think I'll just pay to have it threaded. Nice idea, but if it's loose it means the tolerances on the brake itself have to be even worse to account for drift over distance.

The clip was designed to be slightly loose until the brake is screwed on. Once the brake is screwed on it is rock solid. The clip is around the front site tower on 3 sides (back, right, left). Once the brake is screwed on, it is then locked in place on all 4 sides.

Scott

Here is a pic of the clip

saiga%20clip%20only.JPG

Hey scott is it a full circle around the muzzle or is it just a top side half shaft type thing ?

from the pic it looks like it just sits on top with only half threading ?

It is a little more than half way. I got the idea from my day job at GE Aircraft Engines. We have several application like this.

scott

If you make an actual brake/compensator, it would probably be best just to copy the Ak74 standard one. It has been modified for various other calibers and it is an extremely effective design.

24mm would require any of the brakes to be drilled out for 7.62x39, wouldnt it?

Edited by Sharker524

RIGHT ON!!

Thanks for producing it with a Phantom Flash Suppressor.

Is the Phantom all one Outside Diameter as the small pic in your Original Post - or is it there a step down in diameter like the picture on your website. If it is a stepped down design - could you please post a new pic here of the mounted Phantom on a Saiga?

Thank you!

cheers

tire iron

RIGHT ON!!

Thanks for producing it with a Phantom Flash Suppressor.

Is the Phantom all one Outside Diameter as the small pic in your Original Post - or is it there a step down in diameter like the picture on your website. If it is a stepped down design - could you please post a new pic here of the mounted Phantom on a Saiga?

Thank you!

cheers

tire iron

They are like the ones on our site. I dont have a picture of one on the rifle. I actually am waiting to get some more 7.62 rifles in so I can get a good picture to post.

Scott

Scott, any time you need a picture of something on a Saiga you know you can just send it to me to get good pics. I've got at least one of every Saiga model there is, except that fugly ass 100 series...and a pretty nice camera too.

I'll be more than happy to take pics and then return the item.

Is that a "Brake" or a "Flash Suppressor?"

Does it actually cut down or eliminate flash?

It is a flash suppressor.....it also has a small amount of muzzle brake as well.

Scott

Let us NYers know when you got one that is NY legal (slant muzzlebrake welded onto those threads). :-D

I just got mine in... I haven't shot it yet, I will this weekend, but it's a very sturdy piece, very well made, and very solid when mounted on the barrel. I'm looking forward to the muzzle brake version.

Overall, very much worth the wait

Cool! Please let us know if it actually cuts down on flash. Shooting an AK at dusk is almost blinding. I couldn't believe the amount of flash.

If you make an actual brake/compensator, it would probably be best just to copy the Ak74 standard one. It has been modified for various other calibers and it is an extremely effective design.

I agree, I'll wait to see if these guys make a 74 style brake before I purchace this thing. It looks kinda "mall-ninja-esq" with the phantom brake...

Let us NYers know when you got one that is NY legal (slant muzzlebrake welded onto those threads). :-D

Try Blue LOCTITE.. Holds it in place like cast iron. Welding without the permanent,easy to take off with a vice..

Edited by Zazale

Does something like this put strain on the FSB? I wonder if the pressure and energy after firing many rounds would start to cause any trouble. I'm aware DHP Arms is a reputable company and did their testing, but still wonder if it's something to be concerned about?

I like the idea very much and the product interests me. I'm not trying to put down or criticize anything...just curious.

Edited by Angelo
Try Blue LOCTITE.. Holds it in place like cast iron. Welding without the permanent,easy to take off with a vice..

im no legal expert but i doubt that would satisfy NJ or NY

It sure wouldn't, it has to be permanently attached via welding or silver soldering.