US made copies of the Russian Saiga 12ga muzzle brake

That's a good copy, but isn't that an 'aftermarket' NS-12 muzzle break, and not specifically Russian? If you're going to the trouble of making S12 muzzle brakes, why not make the real Saiga 10-slot brake? It's easier to make, and IMO more desiable because it's the one often seen on the real Saiga 12C and -EXP versions:

saiga12_flash_hider.jpg

Here's one on an Spetsnaz Saiga 12C:

8875390.spetsnaz_71.jpg

-Thirtycal

Edited by Makc
That's a good copy, but isn't that an 'aftermarket' NS-12 muzzle break, and not specifically Russian? If you're going to the trouble of making S12 muzzle brakes, why not make the real Saiga 10-slot brake? It's easier to make, and IMO more desiable because it's the one often seen on the real Saiga 12C and -EXP versions:

saiga12_flash_hider.jpg

8875390.spetsnaz_71.jpg

-Thirtycal

That sounds like an awesome idea! All we need now is someone willing to ship one to DPH to use as a model.

Ours is one that the shop that we use called us and told us they had made. That's how we got them. If I had my choice I would have had them to make the 10 slot one first. If anyone has one that we can borrow, I'll send it to the shop and see what we can do. I'll also call them to see if it is something that they have already in the pipe line.

Scott

saiga12_flash_hider.jpg

8875390.spetsnaz_71.jpg

-Thirtycal

THAT is the one i want to buy

How about eliminating the bottom slots to reduce recoil? The M-14 flash suppressor has the slots around but without the bottom one. I believe some of the M-16 ones do the same.

It's nice to see another US compliance part. Better to let innovative Americans make money.

1-do they thread on or do they attach with a set screw?

2- adding a muzzle break to a Saiga 12 - how does it change the patterning?

Two good questions? Any answers?

They thread on to the factory threads.

Most likely will not reduce much recoil, but it looks good on your gun.

Greg

saiga12_flash_hider.jpg

8875390.spetsnaz_71.jpg

-Thirtycal

One thing you guys might find interesting is these are slightly different than the ones on the 12C/Swat/Spetsnaz. They have more metal in front of the slots, and have 2 flats machined into that area for wrenching on and off.

gallery_1629_19_5426.jpg

SWAT/Spetsnaz one, close view

1-do they thread on or do they attach with a set screw?

2- adding a muzzle break to a Saiga 12 - how does it change the patterning?

Two good questions? Any answers?

They thread on to the factory threads.

Most likely will not reduce much recoil, but it looks good on your gun.

Greg

Thanks Greg.......we have been at a show this weekend and it has made it hard to get on the net. Greg is right, they thread on standard 12ga threads and as for reducing recoil.......not a lot of help there.

scott

• 2 weeks later...
Ours is one that the shop that we use called us and told us they had made. That's how we got them. If I had my choice I would have had them to make the 10 slot one first. If anyone has one that we can borrow, I'll send it to the shop and see what we can do. I'll also call them to see if it is something that they have already in the pipe line.

Scott

Did you guys ever get your hands on one of the 10 slot flash hiders? Also wondering if anyone has actually bought one of the DPH models and what their impressions of it are... :unsure:

Edited by Jpanzer
Can't find these on your web site. The link at the top of the thread still says "unavailable".

This is DPH also

http://www.mattsksupplies.com/saiga-copy-r...dd81852c4cc002c

I think Scott is upgrading his site currently. You can use this link to purchase.

Greg