WASR-10/63 whats the difference?

Pulled my Romy out of the safe to comfort her after she took quite a bashing the last few days on other threads. I noticed the receiver was stamped "GP WASR-10/63". I did an internet search and some of the descriptions indicate there is a bit of a difference between some of the WASR's that have been imported into the U.S. Initial reports indicate this model may have a bit better reputation than some Romanian AKM models? Is there any truth to this?

There are hundreds of "Romanian AKM" models that you could be speaking of.

Some are considered "jewels", some are considered "whale crap".

The WASR 10/63 has it's designation to separate it from the WASR-10

It has a threaded muzzle and bayonet lug, which the plain ol' WASR-10 does not. It also shipped with 2 30 round mags and a bayonet, which the WASR-10 does not.

It's still a WASR.

WASR-10/63 are assembled from mid '80 parts made for the military, not for the civilian market.

They still suffer from common flaws like misaligned front sights or gas tubes.

Not very nice looking but good and solid military grade AK guns.

You can find one in the $500-600 range and they are ready to go have fun with.

One of my WASR-10/63's had a bad trigger and canted sight. The gun worked fine. I traded it even-up for a 16' barrel 7.62x39 Saiga back in November 2008. The Saiga is on back order...I know, I may never get it. While reading up a little on these last night I also read they came with the muzzlebrake & Bayo lug. Neither one of My WASR's have the bayonet lug and the threaded muzzle has a nut tack welded to it. This was probably done by Century. My question wasn't of any great importance but half the fun of owning these type of firearms is reading up on them.