ACE Skeleton Stock on Saiga .308?

I am having a hard time trying to decide which buttstock to put on my Saiga .308 after I convert it. I was originally planning on a K-Var poly Warsaw length buttstock. However the ACE Skeleton stocks are so sweet looking. I know that in order to use a ACE Skeleton stock (http://riflestocks.com/catalog/product_inf...products_id=281), you must use the ACE internal receiver block(http://riflestocks.com/catalog/product_inf...products_id=301).

"The ACE Internal Receiver Block requires modification to the receiver; i.e.. the tang on the back of the receiver must be cut off then filed or ground smooth. The internal receiver block will then simply bolt into the receiver. It will be connected at the stock screw hole on the inside of the receiver and the pistol grip "T" nut will hold the front of the receiver block. There is no movement to the receiver block once it is installed. Fits most common stamped receivers, 1mm and 1.6mm."

I am also going to use the SaigaTech .308 steel trigger guard plate for the conversion (http://216.92.217.113/saiga/page6.html). This complicates the modifications even more, because the ACE internal receiver block will not fit with the SaigaTech trigger guard plate without cutting out some sort of notch to make them fit.

1) Are these permanent modifications worth it? Would you do this in order to put a ACE Skeleton stock on your Saiga?

2) Where can I find instructions on how to make the ACE internal receiver block and SaigaTech trigger guard plate both fit?

3) How difficult/what tools are needed for the modifications? Will a rotary tool get the job done?

4) Has anybody ever had experience with ordering from ACE LTD, USA? How is the availability? It looks like they are available on their website.

I have an ACE skeleton stock on my .308, and I did not have to modify the receiver to install it. I simply used an ACE external (universal) receiver block for a stamped AK. Some people don't like how the external block looks, but it is OK with me. If you were going to use a Warsaw length stock, I would go with the shortest ACE stock available IF you use the external receiver block.

If you use the ACE external receiver block, no modifications should be necessary to use the SaigaTech TG.

I have not had good experiences ordering directly from ACE. I would order from Blackjackbuffers.com. If you are going to mount an optical sight on the gun, I would consider getting the ACE cheek piece as well.

I have an Ace Stock on my .308 I used the interal rec. block, And FSM to mount my stock. At the time I ordered they were back ordered so I ordered a VEPR unit and modifided it ,but this is not for your everyday jackleg, you need to be an extremly impateint one like myself. The rec blocks should be back in stock now, they are made by an outside source for them. Tim ,the internet service manager is one hellava nice guy and will bend over backwards to help, as far as the triggergurd unityou mentioned I am not familar with , but the nose peice of the Rec. block can be opened up /modified it is not difficult, you will need a Dremil tpye tool with cut off wheel, a good flat file to smooth out /levelthe tang removal and in my case a drill and tap set in8-32, I added two extra mounting holes . Was it difficult? to me no, was it worth it? I'll let the photos tell you that, also it is rock steady and Steel strong, you could bust a door open or break jaw with it and do no harm to it WELL WORTH the time and expense IMHO Karl

post-7519-1234801121_thumb.jpg

post-7519-1234801139_thumb.jpg

post-7519-1234801154_thumb.jpg

post-7519-1234801169_thumb.jpg

post-7519-1234801195_thumb.jpg

post-7519-1234801234_thumb.jpg

post-7519-1234801248_thumb.jpg

post-7519-1234801269_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys. My problem now is how to mount the ACE internal receiver block. Since I am using the trigger guard, I cannot use the pistol grip nut to secure the internal receiver block. Also, since the S-308 does not have any original trigger pin holes for drilling and tapping I could not use that method.

dogbone21, did you drill new holes into your receiver in order to drill and tap the holes for securing the internal receiver block?