Polishing for feed improvement

I have read all the post about polishing to improve feed. I just want to know what parts I need ie, dremel, ? Do I need a special polish solution??? Thanks for the help!!

I don't know how the pros do it, but I bought a dremel polishing kit and used the attachments on my cordless drill (lol).

I used the attachment (small wheel) that feels like a brillo-pad first, then I used the white rubbery-feeling thing. I have no idea what those are called.

It doesn't take long. I spent just a few minutes on each of the areas and it was done.

I also used it in the groove in the bolt carrier (smoothing the side wall edges where it takes the turn). That helped a lot as well. The hammer, the bolt (as indicated on the post that describes the process) and the groove are what I polished. It made a HUGE difference - it was definitely worth it.

You can actually grind off and polish some of the bolt and bolt carrier to improve loading of full mags...

Absolutely, otherwise you are only doing half the job. If you are a liitle too nervous to be grinding on your bolt and perhaps screwing up your gun, then let Cobra do it!

:huh: Wait! That did not come out right!

Send it to Cobra and he will do it right! :lol:

I used a cloth like white dremel head bit and went down to napa auto parts and bought some water based polishing compound. Had directions from an old timer on polishing. Dip the dremel head in the polishing compound (a bit sandy and silvery looking) and run it smoothly in a forward and backward motion ( dont do circles polish it the same forwards and backwards) your parts will eventually get slick and chrome looking and racking the bolt will feel like hot butter instead of clunky metal. There is another post that has pics on what specific spots to polish.

Enjoy! Mines run solid smooth since I polished up, Polish the trigger as well it will feel considerably better.

Tony

You can actually grind off and polish some of the bolt and bolt carrier to improve loading of full mags...

Absolutely, otherwise you are only doing half the job. If you are a liitle too nervous to be grinding on your bolt and perhaps screwing up your gun, then let Cobra do it!

:huh: Wait! That did not come out right!

Send it to Cobra and he will do it right! :lol:

My point is that you must do more then just polish the bolt for the "Reliability Mod" that has been discussed here. You will have to alter its shape by grinding. Go re-read the thread.