Anyone heard of Frontsight?

I was considering taking the frontsight tactical shotgun course.

It looks pretty damn good, and I was wondering if anyone had taken their course.

It's in Las Vegas, so that part kinda sucks! (LOL)

http://www.frontsight.com/index.asp?

They have a 2-day course and a 4-day.

I was thinking of looking into maybe a 2-day tactical shotgun course back-to-back with a 2-day tactical handgun course.

It looks pretty damn good, and I was wondering if anyone had taken their course.

I was thinking of looking into maybe a 2-day tactical shotgun course back-to-back with a 2-day tactical handgun course.

Bounce, I think you can buy a DVD "tactical shotgun" course from Amazon, just to get a feel for what they teach.

I've got a DVD tactical shotgun course here somewhere, but I don't think it's frontsite. (Gunsite maybe?). Lots of door breaching and stuff for LEO's.

Something I noticed with those courses....they work very well for LEO-types, but by watching what they do on the DVD, the average home defender is probably better off by spending the money on ammo and carefully considering how to deal with uninvited threats around your actual property. (putting decorative mirrors to reflect blind spots, light switches that light up entry while leaving hallways dark, keeping dogs out of the way when you have to shoot, etc.)

Those onsite courses are REAL EXPENSIVE, if you haven't priced them yet. BTW, Survivalblog.com has a FREE monthly Frontsite giveaway for the best survival-related essay. Check it out before you blow a lot of cash!

Bounce, I think you can buy a DVD "tactical shotgun" course from Amazon, just to get a feel for what they teach.

I've got a DVD tactical shotgun course here somewhere, but I don't think it's frontsite. (Gunsite maybe?). Lots of door breaching and stuff for LEO's.

Something I noticed with those courses....they work very well for LEO-types, but by watching what they do on the DVD, the average home defender is probably better off by spending the money on ammo and carefully considering how to deal with uninvited threats around your actual property. (putting decorative mirrors to reflect blind spots, light switches that light up entry while leaving hallways dark, keeping dogs out of the way when you have to shoot, etc.)

Those onsite courses are REAL EXPENSIVE, if you haven't priced them yet. BTW, Survivalblog.com has a FREE monthly Frontsite giveaway for the best survival-related essay. Check it out before you blow a lot of cash!

Thanks macdonald. That's very helpful.

I took a 4 day pistol class at front sight and was very disapointed with the outfit (they try to sell property and get you to make investments for part of the time, and only teach the bare basics for the actual firearm training). The Suarez shotgun course is 100% geared toward the civilian operator / home defense. I have taken shotgun courses with at two other schools (not front-sight) and I took the most out of the Suarez class, and apparently he has added much more material since I took my class. The tactics portion (holding ground or aiding family members in need) was the most realistic, simple, and insightful material I have seen - and you wont have to go to "investment presentations".

Even though Front Sight is real close, I took Gabe's class at Suarez International in Arizona, and soon to be with Mr. Fuller for an AK armorer course. I really don't like FS teaching/selling method, feels like I'm being sold a condo. Now SI is some real hands on training, his force on force handgun class is top notch, and the prices are very reasonable. I give Gabe and the rest of the SI staff 2 thumbs up.

Edited by Gothmog

Thanks to everyone for the input.

You have successfully talked me out of frontsight.

The last thing I need to do is pay them that kind of money to sit through a GD condo promo.

Whew! I like their chutzpah, but I don't want to be held hostage.

I'll check out the deal in Arizona.

I am pretty well convinced that my shotgun is the most valuable and lethal piece of hardware I own.

I'd like to learn to make the most of it.

The last thing I need to do is pay them that kind of money to sit through a GD condo promo.

I am pretty well convinced that my shotgun is the most valuable and lethal piece of hardware I own.

I've taken Front Sight's week long course, since my place of work paid for it and sent us. Now, my shooting improved and I learned some stuff I didn't know. But, as mentioned before, its like a huge sales pitch the whole time your out there whenever you not active on the range or course; even during your lunch time they will try to sell the land package n such. There is a dvd available, right now if you sign up for their news letters they will send you one for free.

If you hate sales pitches after saying no once, go elsewhere, though I did learn stuff and enjoyed myself I hate people trying to sell me crap when I say NO.

Good luck

I've taken Front Sight's week long course, since my place of work paid for it and sent us. Now, my shooting improved and I learned some stuff I didn't know. But, as mentioned before, its like a huge sales pitch the whole time your out there whenever you not active on the range or course; even during your lunch time they will try to sell the land package n such. There is a dvd available, right now if you sign up for their news letters they will send you one for free.

If you hate sales pitches after saying no once, go elsewhere, though I did learn stuff and enjoyed myself I hate people trying to sell me crap when I say NO.

Good luck

It sounds almost like an Amway presentation.

LOL

That whole operation (Frontsight) just creeps me out for some reason. I've read a little bit about this Ignatius Piazza guy and there is something that is just not quite right about him. I get the feeling that the firearms training is just kind of a front to draw in people for other purposes such as the investment pitches and so on. Then there is is the whole Scientology deal that Piazza is up to his ears in, and it wouldn't surprise me if there was some type of influence related to that going on there, too. If you go I would advise you not to drink any "koolaid".

Thanks macdonald. That's very helpful.

Hi,

I've been to Front Sight 3 time in the past 4 months & bought the lifetime membership because I liked it & learned so much. I took my son-in-law for the 4 day defensive hand gun class & 1 day CCW. Lots of very talented instructors there & lots of one-on-one attention from them. I'm 56 & just started shooting recently.

I've heard a lot of complaints about "selling" there but each time I was there they played a dvd during lunch & then asked for questions. That was it for the entire 9 hour days. Maybe they changed their "selling" policy because of negative feedback.

As far as Suarez goes, I think they have a great website & I have purchased 3 or 4 dvd's from there & think they are all excellent. I just got their newest about Shotgun Gunfighting & learned a lot from it too.

One of the biggest reasons I joined Front Sight is once you buy the membership you can take as many classes in rifle, shotgun, pistol, uzi, M-16, hand to hand, edged weapons etc as many times as you like. The way I'm going I can't loose. Many of the classes are available in different legths for example a particular classs may be offered in 1, 2, & 4 days each. If you really want to know as much as possible I'd suggest you do what I did. Go to the website & click on and see the numerous testimonies from cops, SWAT officers, active military & plain civilians.

One thing that I can say that impressed the hell out of me is that they have produced about 12 or 13 Combat Masters in weapons like the pistol etc. I'm a life long believer in the pharse that Money Talks & Bullshit walks

Hope this helps.