New barrel

My wife the wonderful woman she is bought me a S12 for V-Day. I am at Camp Eggers Afghanistan for 5 more weeks so I was not with her when she bought it. She bought me an S12 with a 24" barrel and I really had my heart set on the 19". Does anyone know if I can buy a 19" Barrel for a S12 like other Shotguns or do I need to take it to a Gunsmith and have it shortened?

Thanks,

X.

We're tooling up to start producing US-made replacement barrels, but we're still months away from building them. As far as a factory barrel goes you're not going to have much luck. Send the barrel in somewhere and have it chopped. If you pull the barrel and send it in to us we can thread it for M22x.75 like the factory barrel is.

We're tooling up to start producing US-made replacement barrels, but we're still months away from building them. As far as a factory barrel goes you're not going to have much luck. Send the barrel in somewhere and have it chopped. If you pull the barrel and send it in to us we can thread it for M22x.75 like the factory barrel is.

cough, cough...**rifling**.....cough, cough.....<<1 in 24>>....cough, cough....#$$18"#$%#........

cough, cough...**rifling**.....cough, cough.....<<1 in 24>>....cough, cough....#$$18"#$%#........

cough, cough.... changable barrels ...... cough, cough..... Tromix has done it! ......

just need front gas systems available to make the barrel system workable.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=20835

Reason for edit, linky linky

Edited by zone1935

I just don't see us selling a lot of QC setups, the cost would exceed most customer's price point. Cool custom for certain customers, but not optimal on a manufacturing level IMO. A takedown S-12 would be a cool gun though.

Cough....cough....I....hear....cough.....you.......cough....we're......cough.....working......on.....cough....it... :smoke:

I just don't see us selling a lot of QC setups, the cost would exceed most customer's price point. Cool custom for certain customers, but not optimal on a manufacturing level IMO. A takedown S-12 would be a cool gun though.

Cough....cough....I....hear....cough.....you.......cough....we're......cough.....working......on.....cough....it... :smoke:

cool, The reason I wondered about the QC was that a rifled barrel pretty much makes it a slug gun only. With a QC the saiga platform with both a rifled and smooth bore takes away the one real drawback of the saiga compared to the remmys and mossys out there. I really like the idea of a takedown s-12.

check with a converter (tromix,coles ... et al). They chop so many bbls they might help you out like this:

base gun = 19in bbl, chop your bbl, then swap it for the 19in .... Might save you a few bucks ... but it might not. Depends on if they normally remove bbls to work on them as you'd be pressing an extra bbl in and out of a shotgun.

Just a guess, check with the smiths themselves.

yeah but slug guns are fun, plus its cheaper than 00 buck in some cases. I really want my S12 to have a rifled barrel. B):smoke:

It's interesting you should mention that. I've had an idea for awhile now to put a rifled barrel in an S12, just haven't had the time to pursue it.

yeah but slug guns are fun, plus its cheaper than 00 buck in some cases. I really want my S12 to have a rifled barrel. B):smoke:

It's interesting you should mention that. I've had an idea for awhile now to put a rifled barrel in an S12, just haven't had the time to pursue it.

Mmmmmm...Exxxxxcellent.......

MrBurns.gif

Edited by hallboss
My wife the wonderful woman she is bought me a S12 for V-Day. I am at Camp Eggers Afghanistan for 5 more weeks so I was not with her when she bought it. She bought me an S12 with a 24" barrel and I really had my heart set on the 19". Does anyone know if I can buy a 19" Barrel for a S12 like other Shotguns or do I need to take it to a Gunsmith and have it shortened?

Thanks,

X.

Treat yourself to a 19inch when you geet back, you deserve it. and you will have two saiga 12s, its a win win situation!