I think I got the ultimate vodka special

Beat me to it Az.

D-H are you sure that the ports are not partially covered by the gas block or veiwing at a angle that is difficult to see. Have you made sure gun is unloaded shining a light down the barrel and looking in the gas block to see if any light comes through?

Edited by Superhawk138

Thanks for the quick how-to. Hopefully the you guys can see it. I know it's not the best angle or quality but at the very least you should be able to tell that there aren't any visible. I've used my mini maglite to look into both the barrel and the gas tube and I couldn't see and light shining through from one to the other.

I haven't tried moving the gas block to check for obstructed ports yet, I will probably have to check that out this weekend.

Damn it, I'll use photobucket or something.

This should hopefully do the trick:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/dh0nd0/100_0875.jpg

Edited by D-H

The hole in gas block is like an inverted funnel. You're looking at the small end....it flares out larger where it meets the barrel. You most likely have 2 gas ports, tucked up tight toward the very front of the gas block hole. You can't see them, but if you take a wire with a bent hook on the end, you can probably reach in and feel them.

Tony

WOW man there is nothing visible there. Does she at least cycle anything?

compared to my 4 port gun with 3 ports visible and one hiding from this view, you should see something. Give Vankiller or Bvamp a shout as they handle RAAC's warranty issues.

CIMG1496.jpg

Edited by Superhawk138

Thanks for the above picture! I have the exact same problem and I was thinking about this: instead of taking the gun apart, buying a fine dremel point and trying to open the hole to a more horseshoe look, could this be done without messing up the port hole and using a dental type mirror to follow the work??

Edited by sam1chlt

I figure I must have the two ports that are tucked under the front of the block. I usually get stovepipes when I shoot high brass on setting 1. Low brass on either setting won't even stovepipe.

Anyway, I contacted Bvamp about the warranty. I'd really like to get this fixed.

Sam1Clt, yes it can be done. I did it on my 12. I had the 2 ports on the right side partically covered. I removed the puck and filled the tube with cloth then used a small round cutting bit to open up the area above those two holes. You can work the bit right down into the opening of the holes. Be sure to go back and run a small wire through the holes to remove any particles from the grinding the clean well. I can see all 4 now and did not have to remove the gas tube and block.