Anwser from RAAC about 3 hole Ports

I Emailed RAAC a question tonight about my New S12 only havign 3 holes and got a prompt reply.

Hi ,

Thank you for your interest in our products. The current 12 gauges coming in the country have 3 holes in the gas system. The Russian factory is working on streamlining some of their work. The shotgun should cycle fine as they have been tested.

Clyde Woods

Sales & Marketing

RAAC

I havent had a chance to try out anything other the Remy 00. This weekend i'll put thru every kind of round i can get my hands on. I'm hoping i get positive results. I realy want to like this weapon but the inconsitences in the builds is turning me off. I shouldnt have the "hope" i get good perfomace from a brand new weapon. Although in the past having to tinker on an S12 was perfectly acceptable, at the current prices... not so much.

I'm not sure how a new gas adjustment knob is going to increase the gas flow through the 3 ports that you have in the barrel. It only has the ability to restrict the flow, or go wide open and allow all 3 ports to flow, just like your #2 gas setting is currently doing.

Tony

I have a three port gun (The one pictured in my how-to thread.) I have one of gunfixr's plugs. The plug DOES make a difference. It HAS improved the functioning of the gun. The detents on the knob keep the gas ports and the passage in the knob exatcly aligned.

....I have one of gunfixr's plugs. The plug DOES make a difference. It HAS improved the functioning of the gun. The detents on the knob keep the gas ports and the passage in the knob exatcly aligned.

Damn Straight!

I just got mine in the mail last week and I am not sure yet if it will do anything for my S12's reliability! However, my fiancée has already noticed new hair growth in the shiny spot on top of my head and my razor blades seem to stay sharper longer!

Thanks Gunfixr! B)

Tonite i stoped at my local indoor range, they had a few 12rd magazines sitting on a rack last week and i decided to pick one up. As i'm up at the counter another guy was buying a NIB S12... He was looking at it and had no expericne with the Saiga's and i struck up a conversation with him and mentioned for him to take a look a the gas ports. I showed the shop owner what to do and look for and we all inspected it. It had 4 holes, 3 visible and the forth was visible in the barrel with a flash light shining from the gas ports down. The guy bough it. ($579)

Before he put it back inthe box i asked if we could look at the documentation, and the "born on date".

His Saiga had the same born on date as mine.

But mine only has 3 ports... WTF???

Well these guns are manufactured in Russia. It is not as if we are talking about high paying jobs with loyal proud employees. It is no surprise to see such a drastic difference from one gun to the next. However, damn the S12 is a nice platform. After polishing everything, performing my conversion and feeding her about 1000 rounds or so, she is a mean machine. I did just get gunfixers new gas plug yesterday and am excited about going out this weekend to test it out. I for one really enjoy the things I had to do with my saiga, for sure I know the gun inside and out, and trust me, as you all know, that is a good thing....

DT