I can certainly understand wanting to keep this forum as clean and wholesome as it can be givin the fact that its a gun site, aside from some of the content found in the funny section, Goudges my eyes out. But what is so wrong about extra high compasity mags?

I for one want to see and am currently pondering the possibility of a 20 or so rd drum.

What I do not know, is if using exisisting mag parts, is it breaking any laws?

and should it be sucessful, is anwone else looking / want any?

I guess I am just looking for motivation...

So how about it... :clover::bann:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I talked face-to-face with Sterling Nixon, Chief, Firearms Technology Branch, DOJ/BATFE, at the SHOT Show last weekend.

He said that as long as the "parts count" were in compliance with 922®, then we could have magazines of any size at all.

That ends the discussion of legality for rational discussion. Feel free to email me, and I'll forward his phone number so you can verify this with him yourself if you don't trust me. His side of the "shoelace machine gun" was very amusing, by the way.

I want a drum, too :)

Alex

Gentlemen:

This topic has run the course on the threads in the past. In fact one gentlemen posted a picture of the finished product that was apparently owned by a friend of a friend. It was a thing of beauty. I believe my comment was it must have belonged to Arnold because you would need the arms of a gorilla to hold it up to use it.

Anyway, the conclusion reached was there is no law prohibiting a drum although some other weapons have been declared as illegal destructive devices based upon the firepower resulting from a drum. It was also agreed that the open display and flaunting of any 12 guage drum most certainly would draw unwanted attention to the Saiga 12 subjecting it to being deemed an illegal destructive device at the sole discretion and single stroke of the pen of the attorney general.

Boiled down let's fly below the radar gentlemen lest we lose any possibility of the new importer bringing more Saiga 12's to us to own convert, shoot and just plain enjoy.

I know some might respond by saying well if you don't exercise your full rights you don't have them and will most certainly lose them. To that I would point out the nationally broadcast hunting incident resulting in multiple murders with a Saiga rifle. None of us wants to see Feinstein and her co-conspirators waiving a Saiga 12 with a drum around in Congress trying to make an issue. Likewise we don't want BATF to carry one into the Attorney General's office seeking a DD ban.

Thanks for the rant.

PS......You'll be happy to know we have exercised great restraint on the humor site. If you go to the Guns Network you'll see alot more skin than you do here......that is, unless you are referring to the intentionally assaultive heffers. So far as I know there is not a code of conduct regulating what may be posted there. On the otherhand we all recognized how sick some pictures were that were posted by a single individual and were subsequently removed by the moderator. As for suggestive commentary, it is not what I would call base, gross, or indecent. I'm not serious about it. I hope your not either. It's all in good fun. :lolol::lolol:

Wolverine

Edited by Wolverine
Actually, That hunting incident in WI, was with an SKS with a 20rd clip, not a Saiga. The man that shot everyone was an Ex-Sharpshooter in the Loas army.

incorrect. but hey. media sucks with correct details

if brand is saiga and model is sks

do the detective work in your head.....what the fuck does a liberal ass know about sks, or saiga...nada.

siaga makes ak variants. and as my father always says. it starts at the primary on crime scene. some cop probably saw it. though wow. ak looking ...no pistol grip...ah sks?

starting spouting sks(like i had shooting at me in the nam) to his captain, and some faggoty ass "reporter/correspondent in the field" picked up on it.

all down hill from there. you know what? we got a break. thank god they didn't say AK. The crusades would start.

I guarantee if you post it or the like it wont take long for the DD list to have another three guns added to it. you can bet the 12 20 and the .410 would go DD together.

Like wolverine said, it is a matter of a simple phone call, fax, and signature. it would take them all of twenty minutes to ban the saiga shotguns.

I am tempted to take bets on how many hours it takes from the posting of them for sale on the internet and the ban they write in.

I myself would like to see WAY more saiga shotguns IN COUNTRY before a drum is produced.

shooter: yes it would, as it is considered a shotgun by all parties involved. because its a caliber means about nothing. it would have to rifled and chambered for long colt pistol rounds to get around the DD.

when they go to DD the saiga shotguns it will say just that. the saiga shotguns. not the saiga 12 gauge, but saiga shotguns made on kalishnakov actions.

And around and round we go, once again. Some of you guys are fairly new and may not realize this arguament comes up several times a year. I implore those engineering types that do create a working drum to keep it off here... no radical pics, no cool stories. It will screw us all in the end.

Lol.... I hear you whispering. But alas the world is safe from my mechanical troublemaking. I dont own a Saiga shotty.

If someone were to donate one to me however I would produce 2 fully fuctional and reliable 15 round drums. One for you and one for me!

:devil: If you already have one in the works Froggie, I would love to see your work. Feel free to e-mail me with pics. I have enough respect and common decency not to advertise something so blatently controversial. :devil:

I saw that one your talking about on a website. The guy panicked and typed a lenghty explanation that it was a fake and he just set it up in the case like that for the picture. But if you looked very close in your photoshop, you could see the way he mounted the spring and winding machanism...... Smart but paranoid.

well, seeing how this forum is to propagate the saiga line of firearms, and posting a drum magazine on this forum would most definately get the saiga shotguns banned, I highly doubt this moderator will allow a drum mag for sale posting, or any pics or video of one being used....just some food for thought, and a word to the wise......i will go nazi on you if you do it...

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.