New bolt-on Tromix charging handle (pics)

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

We will have them as soon as they are ready. I believe Tony said they would retail $18.

I will put a notice on our page when we have them.

Greg

I thought this up several years ago, but finally made one up. I'll get a run of them made in the next 30 days or so.

It might sell...it might flop, I'm not really sure, but guys do like "bolt-on" parts.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

That's a real interesting top cover ya got there Tony. Is it hinged to the dovetail?

Really i like the idea behind this, but i would bolt it on then tig weld it myself. my biggest worry about welding on this gun is destroying the tempering... I like to run HOT(it helps burn out impurities in my work). I don't think i would be that worried on the charging handle. Here comes the tig rod...

• 2 weeks later...
I thought this up several years ago, but finally made one up. I'll get a run of them made in the next 30 days or so.

It might sell...it might flop, I'm not really sure, but guys do like "bolt-on" parts.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

I like :up: I'll buy some.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

017.jpg

How sharp are the spiral serrations,how much longer is it than the existing charging handle and how much will you want for them?

Nice looking item Sir

It looks like the price will be around $18....which a bit higher than I wanted. I think I could sell a bunch more if it were less, but that's the way it goes. I should have them ready to ship in about 3 weeks if all goes well.

Tony

It looks like the price will be around $18....which a bit higher than I wanted. I think I could sell a bunch more if it were less, but that's the way it goes. I should have them ready to ship in about 3 weeks if all goes well.

Tony

Awesome! Finally some coolness I can afford. Even in these economic times.

Just curious, but how difficult would it be to make something like this with a Galil style knob sticking upward to make an easy no-gunsmithing Galil bolt carrier conversion?

• 3 weeks later...

Tony, I believe you were distributing thru CSS...yes? Also they will be painted Saiga black. Is it possible I can get one unpainted as I polished my bolt and the carriage handle. That way if it doesn't look good in the raw I can paint it black and go for the contrating color. Thanks and nice work. Oh and ya have a chrome hex bolt versus a black one for it. Wouldn't want it to have a black eye.

Out of curiosity, were you forced to locate the set screw on the front? In it's pictured location, that is the part that will be in dead contact with your hand. It seems like locating it on the bottom would benefit asthetics and feel, or at least locating it in the rear would keep your hand on the knurling when charging.

...I was gonna PM the question, but PM is disabled.

Out of curiosity, were you forced to locate the set screw on the front? In it's pictured location, that is the part that will be in dead contact with your hand. It seems like locating it on the bottom would benefit asthetics and feel, or at least locating it in the rear would keep your hand on the knurling when charging.

At a guess, the set screw at the front takes advantage of the existing curve in the handle -- little extra insurance against slipping off. Just a guess.

$18 is a bit steep, but the fact is, you're paying for a high quality item from a well respected member of the community, I'll still get two or three.

Steep? :rolleyes: So why don't you make some for cheaper?

At a guess, the set screw at the front takes advantage of the existing curve in the handle -- little extra insurance against slipping off. Just a guess.

I think you're right. See Tony's post below:

That set screw is pretty damn big. It's 5/16-24 and will be sitting in the "saddle" of the charging handle, so if it started to loosen, you would notice it before the thing went South on you.