New bolt-on Tromix charging handle (pics)

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These really are a sweeeeeeet part................

Don't miss out...........

I agree they are really nice. I will put these on many of my guns after I get through all the orders if there are any left of the first run.

Greg

Greg as always your shipping policies are amazing. I already got both of mine in.

To the tromix crew: This is a nice part, I never really cared for the stock charging handle on AKs and even debated welding one from a sks on befor. No need to now. Hope you guys don't mind but i took a few pics and i figured this was as good a place to put them up as any.

Also do you guys recomend some thread locker or anything on these? I'm not exacly nice to my S-12, and i'm getting a little chuckle thinking about the ride its going to be going for...

CH1.JPG

CH2.JPG

CH3.JPG

CH4.JPG

Edited by Nailbomb

I got mine in the mail today, just like to say that this is a very nice addition to my Saiga! Great workmanship, a very high quality product and It just look sweet! Thanks Tromix! Also, like nailbomb said, as ALWAYS like clock work, never fails Greg at CCS and his shipping are the best I have ever seen. I ordered it Thursday night, and there it was in my mailbox this morning and I'm in Reno, Nevada! For 9$ shipping you can't beat it.

A BIG +1 to CSS and Tromix on this part. CSS got my order Thursday evening, and today I opened up my mailbox and found the package from them with my 2. AWESOME delivery times! Always thought the charging handle was a weak point on the S12, but this part will cure that. This is a solid handle, no lightweight stuff here, and I love the way it feels.

All around an awesome little addition to any AK based weapon! :)

Edited by Jpanzer

Bob and I talked about drawing one up, but it's going to look a bit goofy since the existing handle sticks out horizontally quite a bit already. The thing will look like an upside down "T" with a knob on top. We can do it, no problem, but personally, I think it's going to look a bit "rigged". Not to mention the torque on that lever, trying to peel the set screw loose is going to be insane. I am not sure it would hold up.

Tony

Bob and I talked about drawing one up, but it's going to look a bit goofy since the existing handle sticks out horizontally quite a bit already. The thing will look like an upside down "T" with a knob on top. We can do it, no problem, but personally, I think it's going to look a bit "rigged". Not to mention the torque on that lever, trying to peel the set screw loose is going to be insane. I am not sure it would hold up.

Tony

Indeed, but folks will buy it.

Imagine EVERY AK owner in the U.S. being able to rack the bolt with his or her left hand or right hand without waiting for cutting and welding.

Heck, I'd buy one for every AK I own and that is quite a few.

I'm wondering if it would benefit anything to make a tiny divit in the charging handle where the screw goes. That would (in my mind) allow the screw to go deeper into the handle and keep the Tromix one from slipping off.

Probably overkill though.

Corbin

Just went to go put in an order on CSS's website and saw this on the page for the Tromix Bolt-on CH: "Pre-Order only. We expect to have these in and shipped the week of 6/26."

Obviously, people have already received them, so what's up?

Just haven't updated the page yet?

Just went to go put in an order on CSS's website and saw this on the page for the Tromix Bolt-on CH: "Pre-Order only. We expect to have these in and shipped the week of 6/26."

First 50 came in Thursday and went right out. Next shipment of 200 expected by 6/26.

Greg

First 50 came in Thursday and went right out. Next shipment of 200 expected by 6/26.

Greg

Well damn, that was a quick response! :D

Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably just put my order in now anyway. I don't need the other stuff I'm going to order, right away anyway.

EDIT: I just saw the post on the previous page, where you mentioned what you just posted. <face palm>

Edited by 22_Shooter

A big thanks to CSS for the super fast shipping and to Tromix for a great product. As stated already, I put a small divot in the charge handle before installing it and used red locktite. I could not have asked for better. Thanks again to everyone.

:super:

I got my two today and put one on a G code AK and the other on my S12. On the S12 they fit well by putting the screw to the business end of the weapon. On the standard AK (my G code anyway) I think they work either way but I put mine on with the screw to the butt end. That gives more grip where I grab the handle. They're larger than I thought they were and offer quite a bit of area to grip. I definitely feel like I have a more secure grab now when I load the first round. I like mine and the finish is top notch.

I received my 3 today as well. They're very well made and their moly resin finish is nicer than the finish on the guns I'm installing them on. :lol:

The design works just as well on a LH AK Lightning Bolt charging handle, (what I've got on my rifle), as it does on a standard RH charging handle. With the high quality of Tromix products, that's to be expected, but I can confirm it. :up:

I'm very happy with my purchase. Another great job, Tromix :killer:

Edited by post-apocalyptic

I saw that video too. I just posted the other one because I thought it was done by a forum member here. Achmed was pretty fast though. I'm nowhere NEAR as fast as I'd like with this technique. I'm still on the "slow is smooth" section of learning it. :rolleyes:

To quell any concern I had about the added weight of the handle causing cycling issues, I shot a box of Wally World Winchester bulk ammo. Number 8 shot I think. While the Gunfixer plug definitely helps, the addition of the Tromix handle showed ZERO problems, even with the lightweight ammo.

I'll probably get another one soon, even though I don't have the weapon to put in on yet. LOL

Corbin