24" S12 w/Threaded Muzzle.

I think Indy just bought one. I've got pics posted on here somewhere from when I cut one of them back to 18 1/8", took the gas block off, and enlarged / added ports. They do look long as hell. I think in the UK they have to be at least that long don't they?

I think Indy just bought one. I've got pics posted on here somewhere from when I cut one of them back to 18 1/8", took the gas block off, and enlarged / added ports. They do look long as hell. I think in the UK they have to be at least that long don't they?

I thought it was longer there...something just not right like 26"

A guy I know has a 24" on layaway at a local shop, he's sitting on it and waiting for a 19" to show up since I told him I probably can't do the gas system work on it if we chop and thread the barrel.

yuppers! I have one of these... Just got it monday...

I also threaded the Chaos brake on it... added a few inches to the overall length!

Its only about an inch longer than my 22" EAA model with the full choked barrel and the brake thats been on that one... go figure...

Personally... I LIKE IT! :up: But then I plan to use mine for both trap/skeet and hunting... so a shorter barrel doesnt gain me anything...

:smoke:

I have a nib 24" model. Want the 19".

Is it a pain in the butt to cut the barrel back?

Looks like you have to do gas port work? What exactly?

Should I cut it or trade it towards a 19"?

Thanks guys.

It's not that difficult if you take your time. I used a hacksaw to cut the barrel to just over 18", squared it up good with a file, got it perfect with a large cutoff disc and polished it. Afterwards I used a TAT and die to rethread the barrel.

Had to add a fourth port and enlarge them all.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...ports&st=30

Sorry I am late!!!! Please dont make Surly yell at me!!! I had to try to fix my dryer... Unfortunately, I think the motor has about had it... as changing the belt didnt do squat... only made it worse! :(

Heres a couple pics... one of all of the shotties, another from the fore-ends forward...

Enjoy!

all3shotties.jpg

all3shotties2.jpg

:smoke: