S12 Magwell

So I went down to a local gun tinkerer (Jack Travers) and got me a Magwell installed.

The thing works like a charm. I modded 3 AGP mags to work with it and, let me tell you, it's lightning fast.

I used it in competition tonight and blazed through the times.

Video of it's function with 10rds of S&B Roll-Crimped 00 Buck.

I'd seriously recommend getting one of these if you need to reload FAST.

~SN

Edited by SaigaNoobie

You have to be meticulous when grinding off the front lug. Go too far and your mag may want to tip forward, causing a Low-Feed angle. (Easily remedied with a plastic shim and Lock-Tite glue on the back of the AGP mag Just above the top rib.)

Just go slow, take a bit here and there, TEST FUNCTION BEFORE YOU COMPETE. I'm glad I did, even though I had no issues during firing.

Next step for me is trying to modify the magwell to allow MD20 Drum Use. :alucard:

Has anyone posted on trying the new Promags in the magwell yet? One of the few times in history that I've seen Promags getting good reviews and they're priced to buy and modify :wub: I'm waiting on the next batch of magwells to be completed, if the Promags are working properly with the magwell conversion it might be time to stock up while prices are low.

Has anyone posted on trying the new Promags in the magwell yet? One of the few times in history that I've seen Promags getting good reviews and they're priced to buy and modify :wub: I'm waiting on the next batch of magwells to be completed, if the Promags are working properly with the magwell conversion it might be time to stock up while prices are low.

I've got 4 Promags inc. from the gun source. I'll modify them and let you know.

~SN

Got a 4 Promags in the mail today.

They all feed (By Hand) Flawlessly. The only issue is the follower protruding. I'll remedy that after I finish this bottle of wine.

I modified one for my Magwell (The one from Jdtravers *Jack Travers) and it works perfectly.... Honestly it was easier to mod this Promag than the AGPs for the well.

Anyway, I'll post more after further testing.

IDK about the factory 8s. I'd rather SELL the 8's and buy 2 10AGPs to replace the one 8 rd you sell.

8's are $100+

AGP 10s are $49

Don't screw up an 8rd mag when you can screw up a 10rd AGP instead :)

• 2 weeks later...