MSA AK internal stock adapter

So if I use an ISA and Tromix stock, where do I attach the lower part of the sling? Is there a place on the Tromix for the sling to attach?

Are you using a folding option?

I probably will, but how would the sling attachment be different between folding and nonfolding?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a bunch of these ready to ship I am trying to go through them as I get the Saiga and Galil adapters shipped (which is a story on it's own)

I will see if I can snap a pic and post it up later today when we open and get started on labels. The back looks like the ACE, as to make it compatible with ace parts.

We do have two more versions coming but I won't announce or give anything away till the design is submitted for production. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
They don't come threaded?

Not according to an earlier post. It's intended to be riveted, like a professional shop would do, but can be threaded if desired. I'm an amateur who would have to thread mine, and I got a bag of black hex/allen drive screws just for this, but they're 8-32. If the holes in the adapter are larger and would have to be threaded for larger screws I'd have to find screws and a tap for that size. So I'm hoping 8-32 will work.

All the holes are threaded 10-32. This was a running change to make it easier for people

Great, that should save some time and effort, not to mention the nearly inevitable screwups I'd make. ;-) I'd have to get more screws, but a quick search shows black 10-32 screws pretty easy to find.

• 2 weeks later...
Yesterday I signed off on production to start Monday on the MSA stock adapter and scheduled to pick up the first batch the following Monday. This batch will consist of 100 pieces which will then need to be anodized. As I had already announced there are drastic improvements over the ACE version. To outline a few I have listed them below.

Six point mount. Uses trunnion as well as PG nut to secure as well as the four factory FCG holes. You can rivet or screw in to further secure, if not you can use plugs in the holes to finish out the look.

Compatible with Tromix DIY trigger guard. No need to remove material from the block.

Corrected angles for future MSA S-12 stock to clear MD20 drum.

Clears factory rear trunnion without need to shave front of block down to slide under.

Sling attachment point integrated into the adapter.

Open face as to not interfere with trigger-guard retaining screw behind/under the FCG.

Reduced weight of adapted = reduced rifle weight.

Compatible with current stocks and hinges on the market.

Improved aesthetics. A little bit more than just the tang gets removed. You shave off just behind the trunnion screw, this trunnion/adapter seam now hides under the top cover to improve looks/finish. Has more of a Galil finish to the back of the receiver when completed.

Thanks

Nathan, do you have any pictures of the internal block with the folding hinge built in? Your website doesn't show any pictures of either one. Thanks.

I have not released photos of the ISAF untill they are ready for shipping.....

The above is the bolt on folder we are selling for those with an ISA..... I got five in today and will have more in next week.

The above is the bolt on folder we are selling for those with an ISA..... I got five in today and will have more in next week.

INTEGRATED.... nice. Please post pic when available. These come in black, right?

INTEGRATED.... nice. Please post pic when available. These come in black, right?

Black....... "Barney Purple" it's all the same. :rolleyes:

Seriously they are suppose to be black, some of the plating runs to date have not yielded the color results we hoped for. We are having talks with the owner to see what can be done to remedy the situation permanently before moving that part of production out of state. Last we we ran a test piece resolve the issue and the results were better with the test block (black with little to no purple tint), so we committed a entire batch to be done the same way.

I will have pics of the ISAF when we are good to go in the shipping department. Our original plan was to cut off the ISA production a week ago to start the ISAF, but due to the overwhelming sales and newly appointed distributors it was best to have enough stock to carry them over while the ISAF was running. Next week we will have a new machine to pick up production slack where needed.

Will the new stock that clears the MD20 work only with this piece???

-cos

No, the new unit will be made up of the ISAF plus a skeleton stock, this will also be a all in one unit.

What I am getting at is if I have a converted S12 could I simply just replace the stock I have now with your folding stock to clear the MD20 or would I have to buy the ISAF/ISA and your stock for it to clear???

-COS

-cos

No, the new unit will be made up of the ISAF plus a skeleton stock, this will also be a all in one unit.

What I am getting at is if I have a converted S12 could I simply just replace the stock I have now with your folding stock to clear the MD20 or would I have to buy the ISAF/ISA and your stock for it to clear???

-COS

Sorry, I misunderstood.

The new stock will come with it's own special ISAF that is designed specifically for it to clear the drum.

-cos

-COS

Sorry, I misunderstood.

The new stock will come with it's own special ISAF that is designed specifically for it to clear the drum.

Correct me if Im wrong

So if I purchase an regular ISA from you right now I will not be able to utilize the future product that will clear my drum?

do you have a price point of your new stock? should I wait till that comes out instead of getting the ISA I have on order?

Nathan I would like to add to the above post... I have my S12 out getting converted will YOUR folding stock that clears the MD20 and ISA need to be installed at the same time as the conversion or is this some thing I can up grade to latter once is is avaliable or would I have to do some more cutting and welding to get this installed after the conversion???

-COS