12ga. sight adjustment?

There is a leaf spring that acts to keep the adjustment wheel stationary. The cleaning kit that came with your rifle has a punch-like tool that you can use to hold the spring up while you turn the adjutment wheel. You will see a small hole in the side of the sight rail- this is where you insert the tool. Take a look and my gibberish will make sense!

If you haven't already done so (it's been posted before) make sure to disassemble the bolt and pull out the firing pin for cleaning. It's pretty obvious as to how to do so and the only tool needed is the punch in the cleaning kit.

I took mine out for a test run in **really** poor conditions a couple of weeks ago. With a 19" threaded barrel I mainly fired rifled slugs in 2 3/4 ' shells. At 40M I shot dead center in a 15 mph crosswind on the first shot. Conditions were so poor I can't give a good report but I DID find half a dozen plastic slug tails on the scree backstop 100M away, and they were all within a 1M circle.

When I can make a detailed and critical range report I'll post it. I hope you'll do the same!

Edited by Goodman
  • 1 month later...

Blackjack, glad to see you here. I have bought some buffers from you in the past for my AK, they are still holding up strong. Will the AK buffers work for the Saiga? Any mods needed? Or, do you have one specifically for the Saiga 12? Thanks,

Mike