Armour piercing 12 gauge round

Has anyone produced a steel, pointed slug that can be loaded up into a 12 gauge? Just curious after seeing videos of lead passing through cars. Would do some damage to an engine block, etc.

Edited by eseaton
Has anyone produced a steel, pointed slug that can be loaded up into a 12 gauge? Just curious after seeing videos of lead passing through cars. Would do some damage to an engine block, etc.

eseaton

I suppose you could take a steel screw and put it in a hollow point slug and it might have the same effect.

They may make the but who knows how effective they are. For AP high velocity is as or more important than the hardness and I am not sure a 12 gauge delivers enough velocity even with sabot slugs to really be considered AP. I will take my M1A for penetration and the S12 for brutal stopping power.

definitely check out "the box o truth" website. I've not seen any armor-slugs, but here in Montana I have the opportunity to try many types of exotic rounds in my backyard! unfortunately most of them seem to be a waste of money, as they do not perform as well as good ol buckshot or slugs. Some ammo such as the flechette is a total waste. If i need to defend against armored vehicles I'm going to use track shoes! Run Joey, run!